December 24, 2013

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me


I'm just going to come right out and say that all I want for Christmas IS books. So I guess I'll give you guys a list of the books I want the absolute most - I'm kind of in love with this topic! I feel like I can only write books that have already been released, though. Santa isn't a miracle worker! *wink, wink*

Shug1. ALL of Maggie Stiefvater's books! I'd love to experience every one of them - so far the Raven Boys series is completely winning me over! (and YES, I counted this as one book... because I could. LOL.)

2. Shug by Jenny Han - I love almost everything that Jenny writes; her Summer series is delicious, and her Burn for Burn series is so revengey... I just want to read everything of hers!

3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo - Everyone raves about this book, and I have the movie (which I haven't watched yet). I'd just really like to see what this is all about, you know?

The Ocean at the End of the Lane4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - I see quotes from this book everywhere, and Sarah from Book-A-Holic says that it's one of her favorite books! That's definitely enough for me to go lusting after it!

5. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - I love Neil Gaiman! He wrote one of my all time favorite books, Stardust, so naturally I want to read his newest release! And look at that cover... it's so pretty.

6. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare - I have the rest of this series, and I'm re-reading them... but I don't have this one yet!

7. The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle by Christopher Healy - I love this series. It's the best MG that I've ever read, so I really want to continue! I love the illustrations and all the jokes. It's just adorable!

I literally can't think of anything else right off, so I think this is where this one should end! Are you wanting any of these books? Do they look good? :)

12 comments:

  1. Great list! I've been kind of put off from Maggie Stiefvater books because I absolutely didn't like Shiver. I keep wanting to read another book by her but... I don't know.
    OMG! Les Miserables! I am absolutely obsessed with Les Mis. Whether it's the book or movie. Btw, you have GOT to see that movie. It's amazing. I cried when I saw it. Ahem... Anyway... Clockwork Princess is a good one too. I loved it. It was sad but oh so amazing.
    Hope you get all you wished for!

    Merry Christmas!

    My Top Ten!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED to read more of Jenny Han's books! Her 2014 book looks AMAZING. And I need to read Clare's book as well, especially since you said that you loved them and are rereading them. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read "The Ocean at the End of the Lane" and it is a good book. It's like a fairy tale for adults. :) Spooky, magical, and well-written.

    Mada @ All Fantasy Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love her - and she's so funny in real life. I mean, some of the things that she says (that I see on the internet) are freaking amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's amazing right.I love how she isn't afraid to talk her mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really looks like a good book, and I love Neil Gaiman. All of his books are kind of fairytales for adults, and they're all well written! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I haven't read Shiver, so I can't give you a personal opinion on it, LOL. But I hope that you try out the Raven Boys series - I really enjoy it. Her writing [in it] is sort of like Lauren DeStefano's!
    I HAVE GOT TO READ IT FIRST. But I can't wait, because the book and the movie look amazing! I hope that I do cry when I see it, LOL. Ooh, I'm intrigued now. O.O I got some really good ones for Christmas, I'm not gonna lie. ;)


    Merry Christmas (late-ish) to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU DO! She really is an amazing author, I love her. <3 I do like Cassie's Infernal Devices series! Thanks, Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a good idea, but it also makes me wonder [whenever they do that] if they're just trying to milk an idea for more money, or if it's really necessary. In Mockingjay's case, it probably is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that too! I love that in real life, though. Because I'm like that - and it really gets me into trouble sometimes. I can be too blunt. :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too.I am really talkative,and I never think before I speak.It used to get me in trouble,but by now,people are used to it:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha people either get used to it or get out of your life - if they don't like you... there's no reason for them in your life, right? People can suck like that. :P

    ReplyDelete