December 31, 2013

Top Ten Books I Read in 2013


This week's topic is a super fun one - "Top Ten Books I Read in 2013"! Kind of like a highlight reel! :)


Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)
1. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi - Love love loved this one! It's one of the only five star reads that I've had in a while, and it was fricking fantastic. I CANNOT begin to describe how much I loved this one! And I'm really in love with Perry!


2. My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi - I have never read a book that dealt so honestly with sexually transmitted diseases. One of the most honest debuts I've read in a long time - and I haven't read another one like it yet.

3. Crash Into You by Katie McGarry - I'm pretty much in love with all of Katie McGarry's work. It's true, and I waited for this one for a while. I read an EARC, but I just had to buy my own copy. It's amazing.

4. The Vanishing by Wendy Webb - SCARY. Like, seriously. I definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a good read that's every bit twists and turns. I never knew who to trust or what to think, which is a good thing in this case.

The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (The League of Princes, #1)5. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater - I almost didn't read this one, who knows why. But I'm really glad that I did, because I loved it. Maggie's writing is so ridiculously gorgeous that it kills me.

6. The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines - I read this one over and over. I really thought that I would dislike Sawyer's story, because of how he acted in the first book. But turns out that he's my favorite brother.


7. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy - FUN. This book is just super fun, and the illustrations are freaking awesome! Christopher Healy is really hilarious, and anyone who thinks this book is "just for kids" is wrong.

8. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson - This book was super enchanting. I loved the writing, and the world of Neverland was so twisting and cruel.

9. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - I didn't think that I would love this one, but I did. The ending just kills me, though! I really wanted to get my HEA. :/

10. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - I'm pretty positive that Scarlet was one of the best books that I read all year. It was definitely better than Cinder, and I have super high hopes for Cress!

17 comments:

  1. Happy New Year's Eve! I didn't like Under the Never Sky (not really) but I haven't read the others, so I can't say a word about those, XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. " The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom " sounds really good. I haven't read an illustrated book since I was child, which is a pity if you think about it. Illustrations are fun. :)


    Mada @ All Fantasy Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Under the Never Sky. It was amazing. ALMOST made my top. Tiger Lily was my #1 read of last year. So beautiful. I want to re-read it so bad even though it was pretty sad. I can't wait for Cress! Cinder made my top ten. I wanted to put Scarlet on it too but I didn't want the same series twice in my top. I had too many other awesome books I wanted to add. Such a hard top for me! :D

    My Top Ten!

    Happy New Year! <3

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read Crash Into You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you read Through the Ever Night? It's amazing and ROAR! Gah, I love him. I haven't read E&P, but I'm even more intrigued that it didn't have a HEA. Also, Scarlet was fantastic (I love Meyer! I'm reading Cress right now and MAN, this is killing me). I haven't read The Dream Thieves or My Life After Now, but I really, really want to after seeing such positive things. Great list, Megan! I hope you have an even better 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this list, Megan!! You have so many of my favorites up there as well as some I want to read. #1, 3, 5, and 10 would have all made my list if there had been room! Happy New Year, sweet friend *big squishy hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! I'm sorry to hear that! I personally loved it, LOL. I hope that you do read the others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's absolutely adorable! I hope that you read it, I just want to push it on everybody, LOL. It is kind of a pity - illustrations are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHAT? Almost? You must have read some amazing books this past year, if UtNS didn't make it, LOL. Tiger Lily was pretty amazing. :D It was kind of sad. :/ Hahaha, I know exactly what you mean! This was a hard TTT for me as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not yet! I got it for Christmas, though... so maybe soon! :D Haha, they didn't have a very happy one. There was hope - but like the sad kind, where you can't even function. SCARLET WAS AMAZING. Ooh, I have Cress, thanks to an awesome blogger buddy! I gotta read it soon. :)


    YOU HAVE TO. They're both totally amazing, but for totally different reasons. Thanks! I hope so too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! Haha, I completely know that feeling! There's just not room for ever book. ;) Aww, thanks! You too, sweetie! *huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, I'm so behind on your posts!! LOL So naturally, I'm starting with memes *slacker*
    Oddly enough, I haven't read ANY (but Crash into You) of the books on your list! But at least half of it is high on my tbr (like Scarlet. I'll be marathonning Cinder, Scarlet and then Cress between Jan and Feb)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I WAS JUST answering the comments on this - so you're really not behind! I'm more behind than you - I have comments from Saturday to answer still! O.o You're so not a slacker... why do you think I started with this one? ;)


    Haha, well... I expect you to read all of them, so we can talk! :D I love all of these, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAHAHAHA OMG I laughed out loud. I love you so damned much <3


    Ahead of you - middle of Dream Thieves already! that book is dreamy! (See what I did there? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, thanks for laughing. ;) I love you too! <3


    I do see what you did there - and it's perfect! :D Woot, can't wait to hear what you think! :D

    ReplyDelete