December 3, 2013

Top Ten 2014 Releases I'm Dying to Read

This week's topic is "top ten 2014 releases I'm dying to read". I'm really excited for this one, y'all!




1. Cress by Marissa Meyer - Oh, come on. You knew that this was going to be my top choice! It's so beautiful and wonderful AND it's by Marissa Meyer... how could I not jump on it the second it comes out?

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)


2. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - I love Anna, I really do. But I've always wanted to read Isla's story! Here's to hoping it's Josh, and that it's as romantic as Anna! *raises glass*
To All the Boys I've Loved Before


3. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han -  I love Jenny Han, I really do. She writes the cutest romance stories ever, and this just looks adorable. I love the cover!
Unhinged (Splintered, #2)


4. Unhinged by A.G. Howard - The sequel to Splintered. How could I resist the chance to spend more time in the twisted world of Alyssa in Wonderland? *not gonna say off with her head, not gonna say it* *but I thought it*
Lair of Dreams (The Diviners, #2)


5. Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray - Another sequel! I can't wait to jump back into the world of Evie and Naughty Jack! It's time for the 1920's and speakeasies, methinks. I really don't care for this cover, though. It doesn't have the same beauty as the first.
Love Letters to the Dead


6. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira - I don't have any experience with this author, but this sounds amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on it - also, I'm a fan of Kurt Cobain as well!
What I Thought Was True


7. What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick - I see the cover and I immediately think "yay a contemporary!" so I'm hoping for some really good romance with this one. I enjoyed Huntley's previous book, so the odds are definitely in my favor!
Uninvited (Uninvited, #1)


8. Uninvited by Sophie Jordan - I have no experience with this author either, but the cover and the premise of this book are amazing! I can't wait to see whether or not Sophie can pull it off.
The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)


9. The Falconer by Elizabeth May - I can't help it! I'm a fool for a pretty cover every time, and this cover just takes the cake. This girl looks like a badass, and I can't help but want to read her story. It looks SO great!
Cruel Beauty


10. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - Beauty and the Beast retelling. 'Nuff said. Or maybe not - I love the idea that "Beauty" has known that she was going to marry "Beast" since she was a child and was trained to kill him...AWESOME.


These didn't make it into the official list, but they sound amazing too! The covers are linked up to Goodreads, if you want to add them to your to-read list. :)

MistwalkerDissonance (Dissonance, #1)After the End (After the End, #1)Maybe One Day

22 comments:

  1. Cress, yes! Need that one so badly. Unhinged too! And oh my god Cruel Beauty is so so so so amazing. I'm planning on buying a print copy of it even though I already read the e-arc. It's too good not to buy and re-read sometime. Awesome list!

    My Top Ten!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I'm interested in Cruel Beauty. The others are well... I haven't read the first book?! Dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have severe cover love for most of your choices....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Uninvited and What I Thought was True in my list too.I haven't started Cinder and Splintered series yet,though I really want to.Just added Cruel Beauty to my TBR,it sounds amazing.
    Great list Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that's pretty much great. :)
    Haha, I feel like that all the time. But I don't even remember my rating for Unbecoming. O.O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, thanks. I think that all of the covers are pretty too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :O It happens, right? I haven't read a lot of books that everyone else has, so I'm like... I have no idea what to say about this! :P Cruel Beauty looks so so good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! We're matchers! I think that you'd like it - it's very Tim Burton-esque, IMO. It really does! I just want to read it so bad, LOL. Thanks, girly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, well... hey. At least you plan on posting it! The worst thing ever is picking books for lists like these... what I really want to say is "all the books ever". ;D


    Yep. It totally does, all the time! There are some series that I was way excited about, but after I read the first book and loved it.... I just can't bring myself to really get excited about a sequel, no matter how much I loved the first book. In a lot of cases, it's a book that would have made a FAB standalone that got pushed into series-dom. Haha, yes. I wrote this post about a month ago, during my way ahead scheduling. And Love Letters to the Dead was GREAT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, we all do! WHAT OMG you've read it?! LUCKY, it looks so dang good! That happened to me last month with Crash Into You - I'd never done it before. :P Thanks, Stephanie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually posted my list (partially) on Tumblr in a special way (http://drugscalledbooks.tumblr.com/post/68884966238/top-six-2014-releases-i-am-dying-to-read-plus) because I was messing out with Photoshop a bit, and this topic was on my mind. What do you think?


    I have to admit, it was pretty easy for me when it comes to these lists, because I chose the books that come to mind immediately when I think of the topic. If I went and checked, there would be so many books I want to read, but in general, it's the ones that actually stick with me to remember their name in regards to this topic that I know really belong on the list.


    Hmm... I think you're on to something there - Splintered felt very stand alone-ish to me (and I liked it that way). The sequel actually wasn't even announced when I read it, so...


    Hmm... I'll have to get that book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I'm looking at it now! :) I like it! You're pretty good with photoshop - better than me, for sure! I definitely think it's pretty - and a lot of your choices are just like mine! :D


    Ah, I definitely understand. I'm just pretty behind on books right now. I'm pretty bad about just not knowing what's coming out at all. It's my thing, LOL.


    The sequel wasn't announced when I read it either, but I'd like to see what it's about. It definitely made a good standalone! YOU DO. I want you to get it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL I'm pretty decent with Photoshop, but I get frustrated with it easily because even though I'm okay with it, I often don't get the results I wanted and that just makes me grumpy xD


    Me too. I usually ignore pub dates unless it's a sequel I'm really looking forward to. I really couldn't care less what comes out now or this months, because often it's irrelevant to me - the quickest I might get a new book is 2 weeks from the pub, and that's if I pre-ordered, so... *shrug* it was never a big deal with me.


    I want to get it too! It sounds great and the cover is pretty... *shallow*

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm way perfectionist, so I just can't deal with it. I do the exact same thing as you. :P Except I'm just not very good at it. ;)


    EXACTLY. I'm just not one of those people who knows what's coming out years in advance. If I pre-order it's still about a week, so yep. I'm not worried. ;)


    *shallow is a book lovers' trait* It was REALLY good, I definitely liked it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me to. It sucks to be a perfectionist; I'm never happy with what I do. But it also makes me aspire to be better, and do better next time so it has it's good points.


    I put it on my wishlist!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely. And people are all like "it's gorgeous" and I'm like IT'S HIDEOUS. LOL. It doesn't really have its good points for me. Because I NEVER get it perfect enough for me.


    AWWW I hope that you love love love it! Because it's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my god, I'm like that with my writing. I have a cousin who says one of her favorite books is a book I wrote, and she read it more than 6 times, and I'm like THAT'S AN AWFUL BOOK! WHY DO YOU LIKE IT!?
    It's never perfect enough for me, either, but you do it better each time because you still WANT it to be the perfect thing in your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha well, I bet that you're a good writer. You just don't know it. :) Your cousin sounds sweet. Exactly! You want it to be perfect, even if you know it'll never be perfect for you. I usually resort to other people's opinions, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, at the end you kind of have to resort to other people's opinion. You'll never stop working on it until the day you die otherwise xD

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not really. I'm a notorious abandoner - I rarely ever follow things through for very long. :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmm... I follow through.. on things I love. Like, it takes passion for the subject for me to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. THAT is the only reason that this blog has lasted for so long. If I didn't love books and reading and blogging, this would have gone down the toilet long ago.

    ReplyDelete