October 30, 2012

Haunted Week: Written in the Tombstone

{This Girl Reads}

The epitaph is the inscription on a tombstone—you could say it's a person's last words. Today, quote the last line of five books. (No spoilers, please!)

RANDOM CLARIFICATION: Lol. It looks like I'm yelling at you. Now, my random clarification is that the books I thought would have epic end quotes didn't, and the ones that I didn't even think to look at first did! It's because epic end quotes in epic books aren't one-liners. So, another clarification: These are books that are on my shelf! I maybe would've chosen different ones, if I had different books. ;F

Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone

"And that the only thing left, heavy and sweet in the violet twilight, is the scent of wild roses."

My Life Next Door

"We lie back, hand in hand, look out over the ocean, and watch the sun rise over the roof of the world."

Take Me There

"And then
                      I will
                                          be free."

Fall from Grace

""All the time," Sawyer said, looking deep into the eyes on the screen, his vision blurring from the light."

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)

"But they would be looking for a ghost."

So, do you think any of these quotes are as epic as I think they are? Do you know what any of them are about? Have you read any of these? Let me know! :D

14 comments:

  1. CINDER!! I believe we've discussed how much I love this book and how ready I am for the sequel! :) You know I'm giving a copy of Cinder away on my blog, right?;)
    Sarah@Sarah's YA Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Of course we have--I can't wait for Scarlet! I want it so bad! Yes, of course, but they're plenty of people who didn't, who now will! BWAHAHA. ;D

      Delete
  2. There's something so simple and perfect about the "And Then I Will Be Free." Love it! Found your blog via Book Blogs - happy to be a new GFC follower! Looking forward to more content soon :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://thereadercommutes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is! I totally love that one--love the realistic bits in the book too! (Plus, it's a guy main character...can you say love??) That's too cool, it's been a while since someone's stopped over from Book Blogs. You're awesome! ;D

      Delete
  3. I completely agree with the one-liners thing. So many books end with like, an ending paragraph. (Which I obviously didn't think about when making this thing up.) And then there are the epic ones that totally spoil the book, which I can't use. :P

    My favorite line is the one from Cinder! (Is it sad that I haven't read any of these books? Yeah. They're on my TBR list!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! An entire paragraph, and it's completely epic, and you're just like..."But it was epic!" *sobs* It's totally fine, Chey, we love you anyways! I know! I was staring at a few of those myself--is it worth the spoilers and messy death? LOL.

      That's awesome--I love Cinder. It was the book that made me start this blog, so it's got a special place in my heart. ;)

      (They're on your TBR? Your TBR has got to be bigger than mine...LOL)

      Delete
  4. I've actually read two of these!!! =D I almost used My Life Next Door too but changed my mind at the last minute. I love that last line from Cinder, the ending is what made me want to read the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Go Amanda! I really, really, really love that book--I know people with family like that, and it's just about the coolest thing ever. I know! I want Scarlet so bad!!

      Delete
  5. a few of these are on my TBR, I need to read them pronto :]
    thanks for stopping by and entering in my giveaway!
    and I love my new design, Ishita did a fabulous job (and her pricing isn't bad at all, you should check her out)
    And yes, you can totally change your choice later on. :]

    xo steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pronto, lol. You totally should. They're all totally awesome books! Your welcome! (Not that it was any problem on my part... ;)) She did a completely spectacular job! (I've got a design that I like for the time being, but if I decide to change I totally will check her out.) Awesome!

      Thanks for stopping by, Steph! :D

      Delete
  6. Loved the ending on My Life Next Door, except...when I got to that point I wanted to cry cause it was over. I sort of secretly wish it was a series. Ahhh I read Take Me There so long ago I can't even remember the ending. Oops. The other ones I haven't read...hmm should I add some to my TBR?

    Here's mine: http://abeautyandthebook.blogspot.com/2012/10/haunted-week-day-7-written-in-tombstone.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I loved it too. I secretly wish that it was a series too--although Lord knows we don't need anymore series. Man, I actually really like that book--it's completely underrated. You totally should! They're all amazing books, and I loved all of them in their own ways.

      Awesome, I stopped over! :F

      Delete
  7. Cinder was a popular one for this post :) Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it makes sense--Cinder was a popular book all around! ;D Thanks girly! :D

      Delete