October 26, 2012

Haunted Week: Skeletons on my Bookshelf

{This Girl Reads}
Supposedly, everyone has a few skeletons in their closet—I think everyone has a few on their bookshelves, too. Today feature five books you've owned for a long time but never read.


1. Jabin and the Space Pirates by Bev Allen: This one's been on my shelf for a long time, and it's mostly because I keep procrastinating. I just, ya know, haven't gotten around to it yet. :)


Jabin and the Space Pirates

2. Darwin's Children by Natasha Larry: I don't want to say anything mean, but I'm just not into it. I'll probably eventually get around to it, but I'm not so sure I'll like it. Who knows, though. I might be pleasantly surprised.

Darwin's Children (Darwin's Children, #1)

3. Unnatural Law by Natasha Larry: Ditto.

Unnatural Law (Darwin's Children, #2)

4.  Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry: Yeah, I thought I was really going to be into this, but I'm just way too freaking scared to start it, even though I know I'll probably love it.

Rot & Ruin (Benny Imura, #1)

5. Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith: This one has a really stupid reason, because, guess what? *cue carnival music* *wait, cue scary music* I bought this book first. I didn't know there was a first book, so I haven't gotten around to it yet, because I just read the first book this month.

Eternal (Tantalize, #2)

So, are any of these books your favorite? Should I stop procrastinating? Are any of these books setting un-read on your shelf?

14 comments:

  1. I don't own any of those but if I had to pick one that you should fix it would definitely be Rot and Ruin. Embrace the fear, it's the perfect time of year for it! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I definitely need to read it. I've probably had it since March. *stares guiltily at book onshelf* ;)

      Delete
  2. Oooh-ho-ho! I've only heard of Rot and ruin and that one sounds SUPA FREEEEEAKY! Not sure if it's my kind of freaky though. lol. :D Great post darling!
    Loves,Inky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I'm scared to death to start it, even though I'll probably love it! Have you seen the inside cover for that?? O_O

      Thank you! :D

      Delete
    2. I like a scary read every once in a while, and more in October. So I might get to it eventually. lol. Nope. I haven't. Is it creepy?

      Delete
    3. Tres creepy! The eyes are DEAD LOOKING. It's extremely creepy. I do too, but this one...*stares at book* I'm not sure about...lol.

      Delete
  3. I totally understand your hesitation to start Rot and Ruin those covers totally freak me out! I literally cringed when I first saw the cover for Dust and Decay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! *flips open cover* Those dead eyes on the inside cover...*shudder* I think I'll like it, though. I can imagine! ;F

      Delete
  4. Oh, I want to read Rot and Ruin! It looks freaky as all get out, and I am usually such a scaredy-cat, but it just looks so amazing! Well, you know, if you ever need to get it off your hands, I'm here for you, Meg! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It looks so freaking good. If I need to get it off my hands..will do, Chey! :D

      Delete
  5. I've heard Rot and Ruin is really good! I may have to read that one ;) I'll check it out soon!

    Here my day three Haunted Week post : http://abeautyandthebook.blogspot.com/2012/10/haunted-week-day-3-skeletons-on-my.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have too, I just haven't read it yet! *stares guiltily at floor* I'll check out your post!

      Delete
  6. Rot & Ruin is AMAZING! It's the perfect book for Halloween too. I spent a month freaking out about zombies after finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I didn't know, lol. I haven't read it yet! That's AWESOME! Lol. ;)

      Delete