October 24, 2012

Haunted Week: Ghosts of Books Half-Read

{This Girl Reads}

Ever had the feeling that someone was watching you? It just might the spirit of a book you haven't put to rest. Today feature five books you began but never finished.

So, now it begins. The ghosts of books that I never finished....
  1. The Princetta by Anne-Laure Bondoux: I make it a point to try and read books past the first three chapters, but this book just made it too hard. I was bored. Hence, I never did finish it.
The Princetta
2. It's Our Prom (So Deal With It) by Julie Anne Peters: I really liked By the Time You Read This, I'll be Dead, but this book just isn't keeping me entertained. I don't know what it is, but the characters fall a bit flat for me, and I just don't care to finish it. It's still sitting on my dresser, halfway finished, and propped open.

It's Our Prom (So Deal With It)

3. The First Days by Rhiannon Frater: How could I not like this one, you ask? It's not that. It's that I keep...you know...putting it off. There are so many other books that I want to read, so that one keeps getting pushed to the very bottom of my pile.

The First Days (As The World Dies: A Zombie Trilogy #1)

4.  The Opposite of Hallelujah by Anna Jarzab: Yep, there was really nothing wrong with this book, but, sadly, when NetGalley switched over to it's new interface, it failed and deleted all of my request info, then I got a new computer, and, well. Sigh.

The Opposite of Hallelujah

5. New Girl by Paige Harbison: This book drove me insane! GRR times a million, lol. I never finished it, because it wasn't getting good reviews, and I just didn't want to add to it.

New Girl
So, are any of these half-read books worth reading? Should I pick them back up? What are your ghosts of half-read books?

8 comments:

  1. Hmm, haven't read any of these so I can't recommend what to pick up again—poor you and Netgalley! (I swear your computer conspires against you. It's working with Google.)

    Awe, I wanted New Girl to be good—it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely conspires against me! Shame on you, computery lifestyle! LOL. I just...didn't like the beginning, or anything after that, so I quit. Can't say that you wouldn't like it though! :F

      Delete
  2. I've never read any of these books so I can't really agree or disagree but now I know to steer clear of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them were boring, but I wouldn't write all of them off! ;)

      Delete
  3. It's so SAD to find uber-boring books, but that makes it more amazing to find LEGIT AWESOME BOOKS! Great post Megan! Check out my HW?

    <3 Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! *stares sadly at boring books* I know! Recently, I've been in a reading slump, so I just know that when I find one, it'll be UBER-AMAZING! Thanks! :D

      I was just there. ;) :F

      Delete
  4. Haven't read any of those, so can't help on that. I do love this idea though! I'd do it if I had time today. Interesting comment about Netgalley, wondering if I requested anything that I lost out on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can still join! (I'm not sure when the linky closes, but maybe!)

      Well, it's happened to several other people that I've talked to, but I don't know if it happened to everyone...I still have a 'Previous Netgalley Bookshelf', but I no longer have access to any of the titles on it. I lose out on them all the time, (I'm notoriously slow at getting to ebooks) so I wasn't really that upset about it, but still. Thanks for reading! :D

      Delete