October 29, 2012

Haunted Week: Tricked or Treated

{This Girl Reads}

Some books aren't at all what you expected—which can be good or bad. Today feature five books you read that were either a pleasant or nasty surprise.

1. Girl v. Boy by Yvonne Collins and Sandy Rideout: You don't even want to know. Remember the 'love square'? Here is subject A! So, that was definitely a TRICKED.

2. Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield: Ooh, this book was so freaking good! I can't even explain it's beauty! Read it! Soon! TREATED, my pals. TREATED.

3. You, Maybe by Rachel Vail: Can you say TRICKED? Man, I'd like to...you don't need to hear this, but just know that it involves destruction of said book. Yes. Bad. Very bad.

4. The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda: I loved this one! It was all weird (and believe me, some people were scared off about it), but I loved it! TREATED! :D

5. Dreamless by Josephine Angelini: Ooh, come on. It was so better than Starcrossed! I liked Starcrossed, but Dreamless? Tres magnifique. TREATED!

So, are any of these tricks or treats for you? Let me know in the comments! ;D

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha, every time I go to complain about a love triangle, I just think "Think of Meg's love square. You have nothing to complain about." ;)

    Oh my gosh, I can't even tell you how much I want to read Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone—it looks so amazing. I hope it's a treat for me, too! (:

    Hmm, I've been thinking about reading The Hunt. I'll have to give it a try! (:

    Oh, and nice French! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just snorted, lol. The love square bringeth back bad memories! ;)

      It's so freaking amazing, I can't even type without looking like a spastic freak! I hope you love it--because it was so amazing.

      I liked it, but a lot people thought that it was a bit out there--something strange occurred, but it was extremely unique!

      Thank you, I try! ;D

      Delete
  2. I'm starting to feel like I haven't read anything, LOL. Yet again, I haven't read any of these. I do really want to read Amelia Anne Is Dead and Gone so I'm glad that one was a TREAT =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I feel like that when I read other peoples blog's too! Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone pretty much equals AMAZINGNESS on a stick. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hey, Megan! I've been enjoying your posts during Haunted Week. I am participating in Cheyenne's meme as well. I'm glad that I've discovered your blog through this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you, that means a lot! That's too cool! Well, thank you. :D

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these! I'm definitely adding them to my MUST READ list :)
    Especially The Hunt. I've been eyeing that one for a while now, but I was never so sure about it.
    P.S. LOVE your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? A few I would say you seriously need to read--then others I would warn you away from. THE HUNT IS EPICNESS. Some people thought that it was really weird--but it's weirdness was super unique. Thanks so much girl! :D

      Delete
  5. Completely agreed with Dreamless. I LOVED that book, may even reread!

    Heres my post: http://abeautyandthebook.blogspot.com/2012/10/haunted-day-day-6-tricked-or-treated.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that I probably will re-read it--on another note, I CANNOT WAIT for Goddess. Have you seen the pretty cover? GORG. ;D

      Delete