October 23, 2012

Eternal (Tantalize #2) by Cynthia Leitich Smith


Eternal (Tantalize, #2)


With diabolical wit, the author of TANATALIZE revisits a deliciously dark world where vampires vie with angels — and girls just want to have fangs.

At last, Miranda is the life of the party: all she had to do was die. Elevated and adopted by none other than the reigning King of the Mantle of Dracul, Miranda goes from high-school theater wannabe to glamorous royal fiend overnight. Meanwhile, her reckless and adoring guardian angel, Zachary, demoted to human guise as the princess’s personal assistant, has his work cut out for him trying to save his girl’s soul and plan the Master’s fast-approaching Death Day gala. In alternating points of view, Miranda and Zachary navigate a cut-throat eternal aristocracy as they play out a dangerous and darkly hilarious love story for the ages.


My Thoughts/Review:

This book had a really peaceful ending, and I liked it better than Tantalize, but I am curious about Eternal in relation to Tantalize. They don't have the same character cast, nor do they even handle the same species of paranormal. Eternal deals with Angels, and Tantalize deals with Werewolves. It can be noted that both include vampires, though.

But confusion is a terrible thing. I really want to know how they connect in the next book! For Angels, Vampires, and Werewolves to all connect, it's got to be some book. I don't know if it'll be exciting, but I can't wait to start it! (Not that I have it. But I will get it. Soon.)

I do have some questions about this one, though:

How is it that an angel who has "slipped" cusses, drinks, and basically does everything an angel shouldn't, still be considered an angel? It seems like God would be watching the angels, and he wasn't exactly being very angelic. I still liked him, though. Probably because of his un-angelicness, but we don't need to get into that here. Let's just say that he was an interesting character, and leave it at that.

Miranda, why are you so clueless? Truly. I'm just wondering. Because when you're a vampire, you're surprisingly easy to get along with. You seem very amiable, and I think I'd like you in real life, but the things that happen to you are bad. You are Dracula's daughter, and he never taught you to fight? Interesting. He's a creeper!

Now, plot-wise, I thought that a lot of thinking went into this plot before Cynthia Leitich Smith started to write it. I think she had it all figured out when she started, and I can't thank her enough for that. There weren't any loose ends that needed to be tied up, and I finished this book with the feeling that everything I needed to know had been answered.

stars-desi-glitters-10stars-desi-glitters-10stars-desi-glitters-10

No comments:

Post a Comment