November 26, 2013

Top Ten Things I'm Thankful for

This weeks topic should be kind of interesting. I'm going to include a blend of bookish/not-so-bookish things. :) The topic for this week is "top ten things I'm thankful for".

1. My family. I love them all, and they're so supportive of me. I didn't originally tell them about the blog, but they found out... and they were proud. I love them so so much, and I can't imagine life without my family!

2. You guys. You support me every day on this blog - you read my reviews, enter the admittedly sparse giveaways that I host, and you're all so special. I treasure each and every comment and tweet that you send - you don't know this, but you make my life something wonderful.

3. Authors. You write. That makes you awesome in my book - you provide wonderful books for me to read, and to get lost in for a while. Each and every one of you deserves a huge hug for putting yourself out there for all of us readers.

4. Contemporary novels. Romance novels. Dystopian, Paranormal and Mythology books. Just books in general. I'm thankful for all of them, good and bad.

5. My blog. Without this blog, I would be the same person. It's given me an outlet to express my love of books, and to learn how to review. It's given me tons of fun people, and I'm sure that I'll love it forever. It changed me.

6. My pets. I have one dog, two cats, a few rabbits and a horse. I've always got an animal around.

7. Nitzan Schwarz of Drugs Called Books, Stephanie Verhaegen of Bookfever, Sophia of Loving Lit, Sarah of Book-A-Holic and Inky of Book Haven Extraordinaire for always being around and sharing such insightful and fun conversation. Without a doubt, these girls are my favorite bloggers and some of my best blogging buddies. I hope that they feel the same way!

8. My home. I've got a roof over my head and a floor under my feet for as long as I need it. That's something to be thankful for!

9. Standalone novels. This may sound like a dumb thing to be thankful for, but I'm thankful for standalone books. I can put less effort into them - if I want a quick read, I'll always go for a standalone. They don't require years of my life.

10. Thanksgiving! What other day of the year can you eat until you're simply stuffed and not feel guilty?

9 comments:

  1. Spot on with the list! I completely agree with standalone novels, they get a lot of appreciation from me as well. Have a happy Thanksgiving, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you're so sweet, Megan! I sure feel the same too. I still think our similar last name and our shared birthday is so awesome.

    My Top Ten!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I'm glad that you feel the same way, Sarah! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Standalone novels are amazing - why aren't there more of them?! You too, Sunny! *I shall eat lots of fattening food. I expect you to as well. ;)*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks Steph! <3 It is awesome. I don't know how it happened, but it's awesome. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all are thankful for stand-alone novels. :') Its always nice to not have years of my life invested into a book only to be let down (ahem Divergent.. I know you liked it but still).


    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course we are! And LOL, I actually did like it - YOU HAVE TO READ IT. I WILL NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER. ;P

    Thanks, Rashika! :D

    ReplyDelete