November 8, 2013

One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy

One Week Girlfriend (Drew + Fable, #1)
One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy
Series: Drew + Fable, #1
Source: Bought
Publisher: Self-published
Publication Date: January 10, 2013
Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…

Me.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.

Forever.
To tell you the truth, One Week Girlfriend wasn't as good as I expected it to be. At first I was all like, "yeah, Drew and Fable will be great together!" but the more I got into the story, well, the more I realized that they really weren't. Their chemistry was fairly good, but I didn't really get the "love" vibe. It was only cemented by the spoilerish thing that I shall not reveal....*SPOILER* Drew runs off by himself to "deal" without really saying anything to Fable. *SPOILER END*

I know. I said I wouldn't reveal it, but it was dremain to my predicament. You see, I didn't really fall for them as a couple. They were okay, but I think they could have been more. I think that One Week Girlfriend was one of those new adult books where there could be sweet romance, but it's bogged down by way too much drama. I can't barely read a NA book without there being some instance of rape or molestation, and well, it's starting to get on my nerves. Sometimes, I just want a cute, innocent romance, which I clearly will never find in the NA genre. But anyway, I'm going to move on before I get ranty.

Fable was really tough and honest, but sometimes I just found her to be kind of annoying. There's got to be some way to break through the exterior, right? Wrong. I'm pretty sure that Drew didn't even manage to break through. But that's alright, because guess what? She didn't break through his either. They were both locked up so tight that it's a wonder that anything came out. It seemed like they profound mistrust in each other, and by that spoiler up there, well, it's not unfounded. They both do untrustworthy things. Honestly, that ending was such crap. I feel terrible saying that, but it was.

Honestly, One Week Girlfriend just wasn't the book for me. But if it sounds like you'll like it, I say give it a shot.

11 comments:

  1. Haha, don't be scared to read it! Who knows, you may love it. :) Um... not something that I remember. I'm way ahead on reviews right now... I read this like a month ago. It could have just been a sweet note? Thanks, girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah. I can't find very many NA books, they generally have the same plot line. I find some good ones, though! :) Thanks for reading, Jeann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you! I wasn't really interested either, I had just heard some really good things about it. It really doesn't! A couple should be convincing. Thanks, girly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. I have no idea! xD Seemed too weird to be just a random thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does... marshmallow seems familiar, but it's probably because we've been talking about it. O.O LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nowadays I am getting tired of NA.There used to be a time when all

    ReplyDelete
  7. In a romance, it is so important for the couple to be believable! You gotta feel what they feel to enjoy the book. So it is sad when this doesn't happen, but you can't enjoy them all. Good review :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still like NA, but you have to wade through the books that were just dumped into the NA genre so they would sell. I guess we'll see, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It definitely is! If I can't root for them, well, they just aren't meant to be in my mind. I agree, it is sad when that happens, but I definitely can't enjoy everything. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, the NA genre is not doing so well at all! I really hope more authors start incorporating other genres into it - more fantasy/NA mixed I say! :P


    Great review Megan, hope you find a good 5 star read soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. In my eyes, it really isn't, LOL. I hope that more genres get incorporated into it soon too! :D


    Thanks, I hope that I do too! :)

    ReplyDelete