November 19, 2013

Top Ten Books I Would Recommend to My Sister

This week's topic is one that I really like, because I'm always trying to get my sister to read, and there are a lot of books that I would recommend to her!

1. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healey - I recently read this one and really loved it, so of course I want her to read it! I really think that she would enjoy the illustrations and the great humor.

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)2. Starcrossed series by Josephine Angelini - I've always thought that she would like this series, because it has similar characteristics to The Tiger Saga, which is the only set of books that I've ever succeeded in getting her to read. (Side note: I love mythology!)

3. Splintered by A.G. Howard - I want her to read this one because she so enjoys the new Alice in Wonderland movie, which I think shares a lot with this book and she guessed that it was about Alice in Wonderland based on the cover. ;)

4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - I know that this really wouldn't be her thing (at first) but I think that she would end up enjoying it.

5. Across the Universe by Beth Revis - I didn't really love this one or anything, but I feel like she would really like it. I'm not just saying that. ;)

6. The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar - I tried to push this one on her when it first came out, and needless to say it didn't work. But maybe someday she'll read it!

The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)7. Divergent by Veronica Roth - I have tried to explain to her how awesome it is that a guy gets stabbed in the eye with a butter knife, but she still does not appear to be interested in this one! Maybe I'll get her to read it after the movie. (That's how she ended up reading The Hunger Games!)

8. Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon - Nick. Zombies. Awesome-ness all around. I've kind of given up hoping that she'll read this one, but maybe.

9. The Diviners by Libba Bray - In my opinion, this is the best creepy read ever, and I want her to read it to experience the chills and beauty of this book!

10. Cinder by Marissa Meyer - I really think that she'd like this. A dystopian/sci-fi with a touch of fairytales? I hope that someday she gives it a chance.

11 comments:

  1. Ohh, what a great list! I hope your sister listens to your suggestions soon, she's missing out :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with so many of these! Across the Universe and Divergent are must-reads. And Splintered is amazing too :D
    Great list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing worse than having a family that doesn't read. I know. She should definitely give Splintered and Cinder a chance. Awesome books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, they are awesome books - I'm the only reader in my family currently. But I try. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thanks! I love Divergent and Splintered! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, she doesn't seem to think so, but we'll see, right? :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I saw that! Thanks, girly! I hope that my sister will read them sometime! :) I didn't mean to have a bit of every genre. O.O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blame it on my exams:(

    I hope she does too.How old is she?
    Well,my mistake:)But it shows that you have great taste:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry. :( Do you know how you did?


    She's um....15? Yes. 15. I feel so weird - I couldn't remember how old she was! LOL, it's no big deal, I just didn't even think about it! :P Awww thanks girly! I think that you have great taste too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you telling me that you don't know how old your sister is?:)
    Anyway,she's the same age as me then.
    Thanks Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha I guess not. I'm getting old, I just can't remember everything! :P You're welcome! ;)

    ReplyDelete