March 11, 2014

Top Ten All Time Favorite Books in the Contemporary Genre!

As you all know, I'm a huge huge huge fan of contemporary! It's probably one of my all time favorite genres, which is why I picked it for this list. I'm also a huge fan of mythology right now, but let's face it... there just aren't enough books in that genre! Anyway, let's get started with this TTT!


Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)1. The Duff by Kody Keplinger - I love this book because of Bianca. She's just so cynical, and her relationship with Wesley is so fantastic and I just want that. Them together is just... magic.

2. Crash Into You by Katy McGarry - Katie writes the most brilliant and beautiful romances. Everything by her is so intense and wonderful. I love all of these characters.

3. Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles - I read every book in Simone's Perfect Chemistry trilogy, but this one is definitely my favorite. Carlos and Kiara just make a great couple.

4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - Adorable does not even begin to describe this book. I have no words for my love.

5. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - LOVE. Just, you know, love. I just recently got my own copy of this book, and I can't wait to dive back in! I loved the way that that this book was written, with postcards and everything.

Fangirl6. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - There will never be a time when this book doesn't make me happy. There's just something about it that makes it more than any kind of wonderful.


7. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - I'm just so in love with Cath and Levi. I want more of them, I really do!

8. The Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly Oram - This is one of my lesser known picks, but it's worthy of this list, believe me. I don't think there's a single book that has made me happier than this one ever. Definitely worth a read!

9. Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott - Such a fun read! I love the slow developing romance, and just everything about it is adorable!

10. The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen - I'm so cheating by including this one, because I'm pretty sure it's considered an adult book... but it's one of my all time favorites, and I couldn't let it just not be on here! If you haven't read this book, I'd really recommend it.

What do you think of my picks? Are a few of your favorites on my list?

6 comments:

  1. Lately Fangirl has caught my eye so I really want to get it next time I'm ordering a bunch of books. Great list! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE A&TFK plus Jellicoe Road!! I really liked Fangirl, too.


    Fabulous top ten :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The DUFF and Crash Into You too.(But you already know that:))
    I am currently reading Anna and the French Kiss,and it's such a cute story.
    I didn't know that you love Rules of Attraction.It's one of my favourite books ever.Carlos and Kiara were both amazing.
    Looks like I've got myself some good recommendations.Great list,Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jellicoe Road was freaking amazing!! Fangirl was a really good read for me - it grew on me, LOL. Thanks, sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did already know it, but it definitely doesn't hurt to hear it again! They're both absolutely amazing! :D It's freaking adorable - have you finished it yet? :)


    Haha, yes! It's my favorite book in the Perfect Chemistry series! Carlos really has the sweet bad boy thing going for him - that must be why we both like him. ;) Yay! I can't wait to see what you think of some of these! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot! I can't wait to see what you think of Fangirl, because it rocks! :D Thanks, Steph!

    ReplyDelete