October 22, 2013

Top Ten Character Names I LOVE

This weeks topic was "top ten character names I love", so here you go-- with no real further adieu, here's my favorite character names!!
1. Chaz Pendergast III, from Queen of Babble. I have no idea what the story behind this really is, but I've loved his name ever since the first book! I just...it's such a good, fitting name for him.

2. Patch Cipriano, from Hush, Hush. I found out later that "Patch" is just a nickname, but I don't even care. I don't remember liking the character very much (if I remember, he's pretty creepy) but I RILLY like his name.

3. Beau Vincent, from The Vincent Boys. Honestly, his name is hot. I like it, it's country and I know some Beau's. It's just not a name you hear very often, you know?

4. Katniss, from The Hunger Games. Honestly, I don't think I would have liked her name had I not loved the book as much as I did, you know? It's like loving the book gave me this like avenue to love her name.

5. Belly Conklin, from The Summer I turned Pretty. I just think that her name just has the cutest ever inflection to it-- love!

6. Scarlett Wakefield, from Kiss Me, Kill Me. SCARLETT. I'm just in love with the name Scarlett, she's just happened to be the first book character I thought of with that name. ;)

7. Rebel Blue, from Goodbye, Rebel Blue. Who wouldn't want to be named Rebel? That's just a really awesome name, especially paired with Blue! :D

8. Anna Oliphant, from Anna and the French Kiss. I just loved the little thing that they did in the book "Banana Elephant", which is really what won me over on this name.

9. Echo, from Pushing the Limits. Is that not one of the prettiest names ever?

10. Avery Shaw, from The Avery Shaw Experiment. Honestly, the only reason this name is even on my mind is because I was just talking about the book...but I'm running short here!

So...what do you think of these names? Do you love love any of them?

9 comments:

  1. I chose Belly too! I loved how unique it is. You don't hear it often and it makes you think there's a story behind the name. I also remember the scene in TSITP where she and Cam go to that party and she tries to explain her name or even when she tries explaining it to Cam. I love Anna's name too, but mostly her last name.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maja (The Nocturnal Library)October 22, 2013 at 2:11 AM

    Hah! Scarlett! My boyfriend just bought me a fancy pen and I named it Scarlett O'Hara. :)) We go everywhere together.
    Melina Marchetta always comes up with such fabulous names. Froi? Finnikin? Narnie? So memorable. I also love Shaun from the Newsflesh trilogy because it's so interestingly spelled.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love the name Rebel Blue!!!!! The book wasn't that good but I still love the name. I completely forgot about Echo's name while writing my list and every time I see it on someone else's I wanna scream that I love it as well.


    I've always loved the name Scarlett, I'm pretty sure I named two of my stuffed animals that when I was younger...

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so so pretty, isn't it? I actually liked the book, though, so we're completely opposite there. :P Hahaha, I know how that is! There are several names that didn't make it onto my list because I forgot about them. :/


    Haha, that's adorable. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, love the name Chaz and yes on Rebel Blue! A lot of people didn't like the name Blue Ivy from Beyonce, but I love when "blue" is in a name. Also, yes on Avery Shaw! Great list, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I have an awkward love for the name Chaz! :P I don't know - Blue is just so pretty as a name. Thanks, Sunny! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU HAVEN'T READ HARRY POTTER!? MEGAN! NOW, GET THE BOOKS NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!


    (Yep. I've been reading long ;>)


    Well, considering your comment on my TTT... you remember now! xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sophia (the Bookworm)October 23, 2013 at 3:20 PM

    Oh, Patch. *heart flutter* And Rebel and Echo! I love Rebel; I never thought of that as a nickname for Rebecca until I read that book.

    Great list, Megan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, me either! And now that I've heard it, it's like the most natural nickname ever! LOL. Thanks, girly!

    ReplyDelete