January 14, 2014

Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For


This week's topic is a fun one - the top ten 2014 debuts that I'm dying to read! I guess you're getting an inside look at my wishlist now! ;)

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)1. Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray - Oh, really. You can't even be surprised. I loved the first book in this series, The Diviners. I've been waiting for this book... just... forever!

2. The Fourth Wish by Lindsay Ribar - Another book that just wowed me with the first book in the series! I can't wait to see what happens to them. :D

3. Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally - Her name is enough. Every book that I've read by her I've enjoyed - and this one sounds particularly great!

4. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG? Seriously, they keep pushing this book back... and I've been waiting for it for YEARS.

5. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - LOVE LOVE LOVE all of her work, and this book just sounds especially amazing! I can't wait to see how it does with that premise! :D
Dissonance (Dissonance, #1)
6. What I Thought was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick - I just... it looks so good! You know how much I love romance, and Huntley... so it seems like a good idea to read this one!



7. Dissonance by Erica O'Rourke - I'm shallow! It looks so so pretty, and I just can't dismiss the fact that the cover is amazing!

8. Take Me On by Katie McGarry - You know I love her. The romances that she creates are all fabulous and swoony and I love every one! Hopefully she wows us with this one.

9. Cress by Marissa Meyer - I actually have this one, but it is a 2014 debut that I'm looking forward to... so... it definitely makes it on the list! :D

10. Blue Notes by Carrie Lofty - This just looks like a really good read - I love the cover, and the premise sounds good. :)

Are you looking forward to any of these? :D

30 comments:

  1. Lair of Dreams, Isla, Cress, What I thought was true, take me on... all highly anticipated by me, too! :) I'm really envious that you've Cress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous list, Megan! Take Me On and Cress definitely top my 2014 list! I'm so excited for those, and you've given me some more titles that I need to check out. Thanks so much for sharing, sweets *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I can't wait to read Cress. I even pre-ordered it already. You're so lucky to have it already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that, Aly! Ah, is anyone a fan of the cheesy? It's cute in it's own way. Just words of encouragement for when you get to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, gosh. I can't even... I would stare too. O.O I do not blame you a bit - I did the same thing when I first got Scarlet, I stared and stared at it, but I didn't read it. I'm so sorry that you had that experience with Smoke and Bone! I hate when I build myself up to be let down. :/


    I haven't read that series... I REALLY need to. But I HATE when the epilogue ruins the entire book! Sometimes it just sucks. :/


    Hahahah, well... that kind of sounds like a good way to go. At least you didn't build yourself up to hate it - maybe the second book will turn out to be okay, too! Tee hee, I bet it was cold. My sidebar gets like that sometimes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah, we're completely different like that. I run wild with expectation, and it's just me! I don't see a way to avoid that either, I mean... there's just no way. I'm sorry that it happens, though!


    Well, as long as it doesn't bother you... it doesn't matter, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aly @ My Heart Hearts BooksJanuary 14, 2014 at 10:25 PM

    I loved Cress. It's so freaking awesome. I'd hurt someone (as gently as possible) for a copy of Isla. I want. I've been waiting forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, we're so alike sometimes! Hee hee, THE PROBLEM IS THAT I'M SCARED TO READ IT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Michelle! Haha, I'm good for that. *hugs* Hope you're having an awesome 2014 so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I know I'm lucky! If I could only get up the courage to read it already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the most accurate of all statements. AS GENTLY AS POSSIBLE.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This might be why its harder to impress you? Because you do expect a book, especially with hype and good reviews, to be really good. And then when it's not, when it's just okay and it doesn't wow you or anything, you're less than impressed.

    I have no idea how you might avoid that, either. It's a mind exercise, and I am a negative-thinker to the bone (I always rather expect for the worse because then if the worse happens I'm not surprised, and if it doesn't I'm even happier than I would be if I expected it to be good cause I wasn't. Does that make sense?), so for me it's actually not that hard :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, I do know *wink*
    That book (Existence) was like the optimum of everything I hate about literature; Love triangle, Bella syndrome, insta love, an annoying character that everyone in the book love cause she's SO amazing (not!), kind-of-cheating, etc.
    Is it mean of me to hope you WILL read the book, just so I can read your review and see if you're on my side on that book or with most of the world? (because everyone loves that book. I have no idea why).

    ReplyDelete
  14. BECAUSE OF THE SERIES LEGACY! I'm kind of afraid that it won't live up to Scarlet...which was a five star read. O.O

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know. I wish I was more easily impressed, but I kind of like being more critical too. If I didn't expect so much, I'd probably give higher ratings, that's true! But I don't think I should have to lower my expectations to like a book. I mean, that's ridiculous. Right?


    That actually does make sense - and it sounds like a good way to go! I mean, that way you're not shocked if it sucks, but if it rocks you're just so excited that you can't contain it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha, I'm glad you know that. :P
    Hmm. Yeah, it's not really sounding like my thing. I hate when characters are "amazing" and you can't find a single difference between them and everyone else out there... I mean, come on. No. Just no.
    I don't know if I ever will. I mean, I kind of want to see if it's as terrible as you say, but I'm not sure about reading it. I do have a song from it, though. (Is that weird?)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You mean Dank's song that he signs to the MC? (I don't remember her name! I think it was Pagan?...)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes! That song. I don't really even know why I have it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've heard a lot of people say it's BETTER than Scarlet! But yeah, that's scary :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah, actually. I like it, but who knows. I bet we like completely different music. :P

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRfOtEsN1hA

    ReplyDelete
  21. I actually like it, though I don't like the voice singing xD Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yep! You like the words, but the voice doesn't fit the tone for you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahaha, I don't know about that. We'll see, soon. That's for sure! It's definitely scary!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you'll love it as much as Scarlet, at the very least!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really don't know how I manage expectations. I know it helps to mostly avoid reviews but sometimes I just can't help myself!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I could understand that. And avoiding hyped reviews works too!

    ReplyDelete