January 12, 2014

Scene it Sunday #7: "In my younger and more vulnerable years..."


The Great Gatsby
Source: Gifted
Release Date: May 10, 2013
Leads: Tobey Maguire, Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan


A Midwestern war veteran finds himself drawn to the past and lifestyle of his millionaire neighbor.








Megan is Reading:

"In my younger and more vulnerable years...", Book Scene -

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.
"Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone," he told me," just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."





"In my younger and more vulnerable years...", Movie Scene -

*Nick is speaking as a green light flashes in the distance. We haven't seen him yet.*

"In my younger and more vulnerable years, my father gave me some advice. Always try to see the best in people, he would say. As a consequence, I'm inclined to reserve all judgements. But even I have a limit."

I must admit, that similar things are said... but by changing the overall passage, I feel like they changed the tone as well. The original version just has a much better and deeper ring, and I wish that they had kept it. Of course, this is just another small thing... that I noticed immediately, and it's driving me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment