January 6, 2014

Love, Tink by Elle Strauss

Love, Tink (the complete series)
Love, Tink (the complete series) by Elle Strauss
Series: Love, Tink, #1 - 6
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: ESB Publishing
Publication Date: July 10, 2013
Tink is hopelessly smitten with Peter, the leader of the Lost Boys who'd mysteriously arrived at Neverland two years ago. Unfortunately, Peter is tired of the adventure and especially tired of dodging Captain Hook who is after his head. He just wants to go back to New York City and live his life as a normal fifteen-year-old.

Tink is the only one who can help Peter return, but it breaks her heart to do it. She just wants to make him happy, so she does the unthinkable and betrays the fairy king. Now her heart is filled with remorse. Should she go after Peter? Should she follow him to his New York?

Love, Tink was a different read for me. I'm not usually such a big fan of serial books, but I decided to try this one - because it was a re-imagining of Peter Pan, and I just loved the idea of that. I thought it was cute, I really did... but. It just wasn't for me.

The story was cute and interesting, but the characters lacked any sort of depth. It was all very simplistic - definitely for a younger audience. Not everything checked out, but everything so easily wrapped up. I questioned Tink's wings drooping, and the "self-sacrifice" that happened with Jangle. I honestly didn't get it. Halfway through the series, we got one or two chapters in Peter's point of view and then it was back to Tink, with no real explanation.

There was no real plotting to be had, and no build up. It was just like "bam!" and something would happen. There was a gross twist near the end, and I was all like eww, but Tink miraculously gets out of it. Plus the ending... it just... ended. All in all, Love, Tink wasn't really my thing, but I did think that it was a cute read.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh I really liked this one! But ended up kinda hating the second one so I'll probably not read any further than that... Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and interesting have their place, but sorry there were issues with pacing and plotting

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what I thought of the book. Cute, but too cute for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! We're in agreement, then. LOL. Thanks for commenting, girly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course they do - sometimes they're my favorite! But there were some issues with pacing and plotting, and I tend to go for plots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you liked this one! LOL, I read the entire series in one go, for NG. Thanks, Steph!

    ReplyDelete