January 15, 2014

Click to Subscribe by L.M. Augustine

Click to Subscribe
Click to Subscribe by L.M. Augustine
Series: N/A
Source: Bought
Publisher: Self-published
Publication Date: May 9, 2013
1,135,789. That’s how many subscribers sixteen-year-old West Ryder has on his web vlog series. But he only has eyes for one of them.

As one of the internet’s most prestigious video bloggers, West talks about high school relationships under the name “Sam Green.” As far as he knows, no one from school, not even his best friend, Cat, has seen his videos. But the highlight of the whole thing is Harper Knight, who comments every day at exactly 2:02 in the afternoon. He doesn’t know anything about her aside from the occasional deep philosophical messaging on why pizza tastes so delicious, but as stupid as it sounds, he might be falling for her. So when they finally agree to meet in real life, West’s hope for romance seems more and more in reach. But that all changes as soon as he arrives at their meeting spot and sees Cat walking toward him, wearing the same “I *heart* Sam Green t-shirt.

To his alarm, West realizes he is falling in love with the best friend who has always been a sister to him.
The only reason that I'm giving this book three-point-five stars is because it's not deep deep deep. Enjoyment level, it's probably four, but as far as a deep premise, it's more like a three. But in spite of that, it's a really good read that's fun and fluffy.

West is such a funny, dorky, teenage character. I loved getting to read through his eyes, and I loved how he was able to poke fun at himself. He's just so dense, though! Ergh...I can't believe he can be best friends with Cat, and be talking to this "Harper" girl and never connect them together...I mean, wow. You think you know somebody and then...BOOM. Turns out they love you and you never even noticed. That is what I call being dense, y'all. Not only is he just dense, turns out that he's also kind of a jerk. Once he finds out that Harper is really his best friend (...) he freaks out. I can understand that, but he kind of led her along. Probably unknowingly, but still.

On the other end of the spectrum, Cat was awesome. I thought it was so adorable how she fell in love with her best friend, and I totally liked their chemistry together. I was mentally kicking West throughout the book, I'll have you know. I loved the little snatches of background that we get through her stories, and that she seems to be fighting for "them".

All in all, Click to Subscribe was a really, really cute read. I loved the romance between the two lead characters, and the ending was everything that I had hoped it would be.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really cute read.You know how much I love dorky heroes,so maybe I should give this a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so adorable! I hope that you give it a shot, because I do know how much you like the dorky heroes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh young love! This sounds right up my alley when I need to find a fluff piece to read. It's just adorable, but I think it's also odd that Harper has to go to such lengths to catch the attention of...her best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to read your thoughts on this, Megan! My daughter has been wanting this one ever since she laid eyes on it. It may not be deep, but it definitely sounds enjoyable; and I think she'll love it! I'm so happy you enjoyed it -- especially the romance -- and YAYYYY for a great ending!! Woot!! Wonderful review, lovely *squish*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, young love is just the best, isn't it? :P I know, right? I mean, it's actually not that she has to go through such links, it's that he feels ridiculously awkward when he finds out... as anyone should. LOL.


    Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear it, Michele! It was very enjoyable, and I'm sure that your daughter will probably think it's the cutest thing ever! It had the most adorable of all endings!! Thanks, Michele! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete