May 31, 2012

We'll Always Have Summer(Summer #3) by Jenny Han

It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.


My Thoughts/Review:

Wooo! The first series I've completed and reviewed on my blog! Exciting times.

So, there's really only so much you can say about one set of characters, because they never really change. They grow, maybe they get married, but they're always the same character. Belly's just as stubborn and opinionated as she was before, Conrad is just as sure that he's doing the right thing by letting her go. Jeremiah is still sweet, but he's changed just a bit. He's done some things that he shouldn't have to Belly.

He hurt her almost as bad as Conrad did. And guess what? I don't think he really even cares. It just kills me how he is the sweetheart, and in my mind, Conrad never really even did anything wrong. He just thought that Belly could do better than him. Maybe she could've, if he could have let go. I won't tell you what happens, but if you've been reading them along with me, you know where I stand.

Maybe you stand somewhere else. But it doesn't really matter. What matters is this: She got the one who was for her. She fell in love with the right one for her. I still really think that her mom is awesome, but that Taylor Jewel is kind of a crappy best friend. Maybe she's not, she just puts off a bad vibe, to me. She was never really there when Belly needed her, and now she's there for her. It's kind of sucky.

But I am so, so happy that this book went the way I expected it to. It ends perfectly, and it makes me just want to soak it up all over again, every year in the summer. So, all in all, I'd say I enjoyed this book a lot, because it's my favorite in the series. What I'm saying is, I want you to read the series. :)


♠♠♠♠
Favorite Quote:
I've only ever loved two boys--both of them with the last name Fisher. Conrad was first, and I loved him in a way that you can really only do the first time around. It's the kind of love that doesn't know better and doesn't want to--it's dizzy and foolish and fierce. That kind of love is really a one-time-only thing.

2 comments: