May 22, 2012

Memorable Monday #1


Hey guys, I stumbled across this meme on Escape in a Book, and decided that it might be fun. So I'm gonna try it this once, and if I don't like doing it, I won't do it again. Maybe I can do it monthly. :)

So, my quote is from Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally, which I completely loved. (Wait. How many quotes can I have? Hmmm.)


“One thing I learned a long time ago is that even if you think you're meant to be with someone, that doesn't necessarily mean you get to be with them.” 


“Sometimes friendship is just that, just being with someone.”



“I kiss his forehead. "You are a wimpy idiot. But...I still love you."
"I love you too, Woods.” 

“This must be the weirdest thing a football coach has ever seen: two quarterbacks making out.”


“Are you still scared of Mike's room?" I say, giggling.
He falls face first onto the pillow I just threw at him. In a muffled voice he replies, "No, I'd rather just stay with you.”


“You want me?"
"Every bit of you," he mumbles.” 


“Any chance that you're pregnant?' the technician says as he pulls the X-ray lamp over my swollen knee.
'No,' Henry and Dad say at the same time.”

"Why were you watching me change?" I explain. "Uh, 'cause I'm a guy?" He flips the pillow and slaps it, fluffing it. Then he rolls over and closes his eyes again.” 


“I think JJ will tell me that he loves me soon," Lacey says to Kristen. 
"He definitely will," Kristen says. "I can tell by the way he looks at you."
I force myself to cough so I don't laugh. JJ stares at Lacey the way he stares at every one of the Titans' cheerleaders. It's the same way he stares at cheese fries, for that matter.” 


“Woods? Do you have a sec?" Ty asks.
"Sure."
"Alone?" Ty eyes Henry and Jerry Rice, and I jerk my head at Henry.
"Fine," Henry says, rolling his eyes. "Divorce me if you must, Woods. I can't believe I've only been married half an hour and I'm already a single parent." Ty holds the door to the gym open so Henry can get the stroller through. I giggle at the sight of him carrying those diaper bags across the gym.” 

::::

So guys, do you think that was a little too much?
I wanna see what you guys think. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love all of your quotes and I've heard nothing but great things about Catching Jordan. So I've decided to buy it!

    I hope you join us next Monday, Book Babe :) It's a relatively new meme so to get all participants to visit I would recommend posting on a Monday(but you can of course enter all week, that is entirely up to you).

    Anyways I loved having you with us this week and good luck in the giveaway(pop back on Monday to find out if you're the lucky one).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I have my own copy too. :)
      I kind of feel like an idiot, because I thought it was monday until halfway through the day, when I happened to look at my timestamp. ^^ Oops.
      I think I'll continue it. i liked doing it. :)

      Delete