May 24, 2012

It's Not Summer Without You(Summer #2) by Jenny Han

Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.


But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.


My Thoughts/Review:

This book ends on such a bittersweet note, it makes you want to cry. It's so sad. It makes you want to cry because if you're like me, maybe if you read a sad scene in a book, your heart breaks, just a little. You want a book that can do that, but you also want a book that can't, because if you break you heart too often, what will be left? I don't want to answer that question, because it's guaranteed to be an answer I don't like.

I still really love the character of Belly, because she's so straightforward about her feelings and what she wants. And I think she wants Conrad. I'm all for that. I like Jeremiah, because he just seems like a huge sweetheart, but I also know how the trilogy ends, and lets just say that it doesn't end the way you'd think it would. That ought to keep you guessing. Belly is my favorite character, but her mom comes in a really close second. She has a kick-ass mom. She's as stubborn and opinionated as her daughter is.

Conrad is my favorite love interest, because Jeremiah is just too much of a sweetheart. He just puts off too much of a sweetie vibe. It just kills it for me. Conrad puts off such an angst ridden man vibe, kind of tortured, but that just works on some characters. Not all, but you know what I mean. Sometimes it just works. I think that it was really cool how all the added elements in this book worked out, and you didn't really see it coming. You've got to love that in a book.

I also really liked how the author told little bits of the story in Jeremiah's point of view. I really loved reading in his point of view, and wish there was a couple more chapters in his view. He told little pieces from the past, and little snippets from the present. The author did a good job with that. There's a little bit of a twist in the end, so you don't want to miss even a little bit of this book. It's amazing. So, all in all, I'd say to read the first book, then hit this one too.


♠♠♠♠
Favorite Quote:
All I knew was, I wanted her to look at me like that. After that day, I was done for. I liked her, as more than a friend. I maybe even loved her. There have been other girls. But they weren't her.

No comments:

Post a Comment