June 19, 2012

One Moment by Kristina McBride


This was supposed to be the best summer of Maggie’s life. Now it’s the one she’d do anything to forget.


Maggie Reynolds remembers hanging out at the gorge with her closest friends after a blowout party the night before. She remembers climbing the trail hand in hand with her perfect boyfriend, Joey. She remembers that last kiss, soft, lingering, and meant to reassure her. So why can’t she remember what happened in the moment before they were supposed to dive? Why was she left cowering at the top of the cliff, while Joey floated in the water below—dead?


As Maggie’s memories return in snatches, nothing seems to make sense. Why was Joey acting so strangely at the party? Where did he go after taking her home? And if Joey was keeping these secrets, what else was he hiding?


*I received this book via Netgalley*


My Thoughts/Review:

I really, really liked this book. It seemed to me that all the emotions and problems in this book were very real, and I could imagine them happening. I loved the characters of Maggie, Adam, and Joey, but the other characters didn't get as much development as they did. I think Maggie's memory loss was a nice touch, and it definitely added a hint of mystery to the story.

I just couldn't wait to find out how it ended, and I found myself wishing that it was published already so that I could quote it. Because all of the quotes I would have chosen were completely amazing, and really emotional. Maggie herself was a very interesting character, because she was remembering, but trying to keep it to herself, and I found her to be a very believable, amazing character, one that I would definitely hang out with.

Adam was very moody, but wouldn't you be moody if your best friend had just died? I can also imagine every little thing about Joey, because of the authors descriptions and scenes with him in it, even though he was dead. Only a great author can develop a dead character. In my opinion, of course.

One thing that I found slightly annoying, was that I had an idea of how this book was going to end when I started it, even though there was several bumps along the way. Sometimes you just need to read something thats a bit predictable, though. So, all in all, I'd say I loved it.


♠♠♠
A thousand Epic quotes were within this novel, but it won't be released until.......
June 26, 2012

2 comments:

  1. Now that i read the synopsis again i'm hooked to this book. At the start it didn't really peak my interest but now? I really want to read it!

    By the way, i think you can add quotes to your review even if it is an ARC. You just have to say that it may not be in the book when it is released. That is what i see in many blgos.

    Great review! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty dang good, lol. I especially liked how Joey was a big part of the book, instead of being 'that guy that died in the beginning'.

      I don't know, but I don't actaully care to wuote arcs. I feel I'm doing better by not quoting them. Everyone is different. :)

      Thank you!

      Delete