June 6, 2012

The Ghost and The Goth(The Ghost and The Goth #1) by Stacey Kade

                              -Alona-
The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1)

I’m the girl you hated in high school. Is it my fault I was born with it all-good looks, silky blond hair, a hot bod, and a keen sense of what everyone else should not be wearing? But my life isn’t perfect, especially since I died. Run over by a bus of band geeks—is there anything more humiliating? As it turns out, yes—watching your boyfriend and friends move on with life, only days after your funeral. And you wouldn’t believe what they’re saying about me now that they think I can’t hear them. To top it off, I’m starting to disappear, flickering in and out of existence. I don’t know where I go when I’m gone, but it’s not good. Where is that freaking white light already?



-Will- 
I can see, hear, and touch the dead. Unfortunately, they can also see, hear and touch me. Yeah, because surviving high school isn’t hard enough already. I’ve done my best to hide my “gift.” After all, my dad, who shared my ability, killed himself because of it when I was fifteen. But lately, pretending to be normal has gotten a lot harder. A new ghost—an anonymous, seething cloud of negative energy with the capacity to throw me around—is pursuing me with a vengeance. My mom, who knows nothing about what I can do, is worrying about the increase in odd incidents, my shrink is tossing around terms like “temporary confinement for psychiatric evaluation,” and my principal, who thinks I’m a disruption and a faker, is searching for every way possible to get rid of me. How many weeks until graduation?

My Thoughts/Review:

I can't tell you how many times I've read this book, but this will be the first time that I get to review it. So, I really like the characters of Alona and Will, because the way that they interact is just too funny and cute, and the way that they seem to like each other and also hate each other.

Alona herself in the beginning is actually really annoying and snotty, but she grows throughout the book into a very likeable character. Will is a really, really great character. He's so sarcastic, and also very protective. He completely blows this book out of the water, in his own way. I really loved the whole 'ghost whisperer' thing, and I hope the rest of the books in this series are as good as this one.

I also really liked that it was told in the alternating points of view of Will and Alona. And I must confess, I liked Will's point of view a lot better. He was funny, sarcastic, and completely and amazingly entertaining.

The story was cute, and you definitely were noticing as you read that both of the characters crushing on each other, and neither of them wanted the other to know. So, obvious crushing, a little bit of predictable storyline, and a dash of snotty queen-bee/total loser boy dynamics, and you'll get The Ghost and The Goth. So, all in all, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't insanely amazing or anything. Think of it this way: It took me forever to find a good quote.



♠♠♠
Favorite Quote:
"Forget it. You were right. There's a time limit for everyone, and mine is just about up." Oddly enough, the thought brought relief. I was tired of fighting this.....whatever this was. I just wanted to be done.

4 comments:

  1. The Ghost and the Goth is really cute. And I agree... Will is awesome. I loved his voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's adorable! Will is so awesome! Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  2. I loved The Ghost and the Goth!
    It wasn't an incredible read, something that blows your mind away, as you said, but it's so cute and funny, with a writing style that keeps you reading (finished it in one day~) and it was a seriously fun read.
    I love Will (he's one of my book crushes!) but I also loved Alona because really, you can see the most change and growth in her throughout the series (I read all three books! So sad it's over :<)
    I'm really excited to hear what you thought of the next books when you read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I never wanted it to end. But I still haven't read the second and the third book. :(

      Mine too! Alona like grew through the entire book! I was so proud of her. ^.^

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete