June 4, 2012

Memorable Monday #3



Hey guys, I stumbled across this meme on Escape in a Book.

So, my book for this week is......
Divergent (Divergent, #1)
Divergent by Veronica Roth!

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.” 

“I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though.” 

“Sometimes crying or laughing are the only options left, and laughing feels better right now.”

“Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”

“I am selfish. I am brave.”

“I feel like someone breathed new air into my lungs. I am not Abnegation. I am not Dauntless. 
I am Divergent.”

“Somewhere inside me is a merciful, forgiving person. Somewhere there is a girl who tries to understand what people are going through, who accepts that people do evil things and that desperation leads them to darker places than they ever imagined. I swear she exists, and she hurts for the repentant boy I see in front of me.

But if I saw her, I wouldn't recognize her.” 

“For a few minutes we kiss, deep in the chasm, with the roar of water all around us. And we rise, hand in hand, I realize that if we had both chosen differently, we might have ended up doing the same thing, in a safer place, in gray clothes instead of black ones.”

“People tend to overestimate my character," I say quietly. "They think that because I'm small, or a girl, or a Stiff, I can't possibly be cruel. But they're wrong.”

“I feel his heartbeat against my cheek,as fast as my own.
"Are you afraid of me, too, Tobias?"
"Terrified," he replies with a smile.”

::::
So, what do you guys really think of this meme? Do you like it? Your thoughts, please.


2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this meme before but I love it! If I didn't already have a Monday meme of my own I would totally join this one. You picked awesome quotes for this book! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's your Monday meme? I was just loking at reviews and other posts, lol. :)
      Thanks! I loved Divergent, so it wasn't hard. :)

      Delete