June 8, 2012

Kiss of Death(Scarlett Wakefield #4) by Lauren Henderson


Kiss of Death (Scarlett Wakefield, #4)

 Scarlett thought Dan McAndrew's murder was long behind her, but when she and her classmates arrive in Edinburgh for a weeklong field trip, she's startled to be joined by her old St. Tabby's cohorts--and enemies--who are visiting the area on a field trip as well. Even more startling, Callum, Dan's surviving twin, is in the area--and his cold treatment leaves Scarlett wondering what's changed, especially when a series of attacks makes her believe that someone's out to get her for her past mistakes. Would Callum ever hurt her, though? And what's Scarlett to make of her conflicting feelings for Callum, now that Jase isn't around? Even more upsetting, why is her most trusted confidante, Taylor, acting distant and dismissive?

My Thoughts/Review:

If it's possible, I really loved this last book in the series the most. It resignated with me better than the other three, possibly because it was finally ending. This series went on forever. Not that I didn't enjoy it, but did it really need four books?

Scarlett, strangely, remains the same. Shocking right? (Sarcasm intended.) In a series, you run into characters that never change. They are forever as they were before, and that makes it hard to talk about character growth, my favorite subject. Did Scarlett grow throughout the books? Why yes, I suppose she did. But it was spread out through all the books, so we can't be sure.

In a way, I was kind of dissapointed in this book, because Jase wasn't around as much, if you remember, he ran off in the last book, so he doesn't enter this book until 2/3's of the through. He is invisible man, and I was honestly kind of hoping for Callum, brother of the dead boy, Dan. Has poetic beauty, don't you think? Plus, I was trying to figure out who Scarlett was going to end up with throughout the entire book, so when it finally told me, I had to think at whether I was dissapointed or not.

The final verdict? No, I was not dissapointed. I was actually rather proud of Scarlett's choice, even though there was other people throughout the book that I thought she might end up with. No love triangles, but close. So, all in all, it was an entertaining read that shocked me with it's ending. Should you read it? I don't know, you choose. ^.^



♠♠♠
Favorite Quote:
Wakefield hall is behind us for now; we're spinning away from it, wherever we want to go. Nowhere. Anywhere. Escaping: putting everything behind us. And we won't go back until we're more than ready.

4 comments:

  1. This series looks interesting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty interesting, but way too drawn out. :)
    Welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks so amazing, and the cover definitely gets a thumbs up. We're definitely adding this to our TBR pile. Thanks (: Awesome review, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty good. ;)
      The cover is gorgeous, glad you noticed. :)
      On to the TBR Pile! (Which is huge, by the way.)
      Thanks, guys! :)

      Delete