May 29, 2012

The One That I Want by Jennifer Echols


The One That I Want

Gemma can’t believe her luck when the star football player starts flirting with her. Max is totally swoon-worthy, and even gets her quirky sense of humor. So when he asks out her so-called best friend Addison, Gemma’s heartbroken.

Then Addison pressures Gemma to join the date with one of Max’s friends. But the more time they all spend together, the harder Gemma falls for Max. She can’t help thinking that Max likes her back—it’s just too bad he’s already dating Addison. How can Gemma get the guy she wants without going after her best friend’s boyfriend?


My Thoughts/Review:

I'm not really sure what I think of this book, because on the one hand, I liked it a lot, but on the other, it seemed like the story didn't get all the development time that it could have had. I loved the character of Gemma, but her and Max's relationship could've been so much better. They could've had more time, to really get to know each other. But they didn't. I guess I'm just more of a fan of Echols's more dramatic work. ;)

Gemma and Max's relationship is good, but I really, really wish that they had been together for just a bit longer before the book ended. Again, I just wanted a little bit more relationship development. I didn't understand how they could like each other so much, yet want to make the other so jealous that they wanted to strangle each other. So on, and so forth.

When I first started this book, I was a little worried, because I wasn't into it right away, and I started thinking, 'Well, crap, Echols has lost her mojo'. I was wrong, but I was also kind of right. Maybe it's because I've never read any of her contemporary books before. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't amazing. So, all in all, I give you a go to read it, and maybe love it more than I did.



♠♠♠
Favorite Quote:
"Your friendship is hard now. Before, it might not have been good, but it was easy. All your relationships were easy. You knew your place with everybody. And that was important to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment