May 13, 2012

Kill Switch by Chris Lynch


Kill Switch
All Daniel wants to do is spend one last summer with his grandfather before he moves away for college and his grandfather’s dementia pulls them apart. But when his dear old Da starts to let things slip about the job he used to hold—people he’s killed, countries he’s overthrown—old work “friends” show up to make sure he stays quiet. Was his grandfather really involved in a world of assassinations and coups, or are the stories just delusions of a crumbling mind? On the run from the police (and possibly something worse) before he has time to find out, Daniel may have to sacrifice everything to protect his grandfather from those who would do him harm.


My Thoughts/Review:

I really liked this book, but there were a few flaws. For one, there was not enough back story before they threw you head first into the  telling of the run from a kill switch. He didn't draw the story out at all, which I would have loved it if he had, because like I said, it was enjoyable. Daniel was interesting character, because he seemed so sweet in the beginning, but towards the end you realize that he is ready to do anything to keep his grandfather safe. I can't decide whether I like that, or if it freaks me out. His grandfather, being the center of the story, is also always the center of attention. He's always telling wild stories, that Daniel is not sure whether he should believe or not.

This book finished very quickly, leaving a few loose ends that you probably wont understand. I know I didn't. But that's really not the point, because what you really want to hear about was the actual story. Which was good, by the way. One thing that could have been better, was the length. It's just too dang short for anyone to be able to really get into. It's like skimming the top of water, knowing that you can't just jump in and swim it, because it will be over too quickly.

One thing I really like was the running from the law aspect, because as you know, I completely dig that in a book. I was left wondering sometimes how I got from Point A to Point B in the book, because it seemed that nothing happened to get me there. I enjoyed it, but I might never read it again.

                                                                   ♠♠♠
                                                            Favorite Quote: 
"If I am a killer," I say, turning and confronting him flat footed, "maybe it's the other way around. Maybe I am a killer because you loved me best."

No comments:

Post a Comment