May 1, 2012

The Hunt(The Hunt #1) by Andrew Fukuda


Don’t Sweat.  Don’t Laugh.  Don’t draw attention to yourself.  And most of all, whatever you do, do not fall in love with one of them.


Gene is different from everyone else around him.  He can’t run with lightning speed, sunlight doesn't hurt him and he doesn’t have an unquenchable lust for blood.  Gene is a human, and he knows the rules.  Keep the truth a secret.  It’s the only way to stay alive in a world of night—a world where humans are considered a delicacy and hunted for their blood.


When he’s chosen for a once in a lifetime opportunity to hunt the last remaining humans, Gene’s carefully constructed life begins to crumble around him.  He’s thrust into the path of a girl who makes him feel things he never thought possible—and into a ruthless pack of hunters whose suspicions about his true nature are growing. Now that Gene has finally found something worth fighting for, his need to survive is stronger than ever—but is it worth the cost of his humanity?


My Thoughts/Review:


I might as well have just died.

Way to kill me with a cliffhanger ending. Tell me, when does the sequel to this come out? Oh, the sadness of wanting a book that hasn't come out yet. Every page of this story was pure poetry. Pure, beautiful Poetry. I may never recover from this. Ever. No offense to anyone out there, but The Hunger Games wasn't all that great to me. It just didn't speak to me. This did. I am in insane lust for this book. The story was told so brilliantly that you don't ever realize until it's brought up that none of the characters (except the Hepers) have names. Believe me, that point right there, it just add's to the story. Gene has some amazing thoughts, and it's kind of awful when you think about it, but he never got to laugh, or smile, or ya know, just be human. These people (whatever they may be) are a very strange society. I'm leaning toward vampires. but you know, that's just me. This book was a very imaginative story created by a very talented writer. Andrew Fukuda, I salute you. (And hope the sequel comes out soon!)


                                                               ♠♠♠♠
This Book will be released May 8, 2012.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really good book! Hope to get my hands on this soon.. thanks for the review :)

    http://whats--hot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! Get your hands on it as soon as possible. :)
      Welcome. :)

      Delete
  2. The Hunt is basically the opposite of every vampire book you've ever read. Instead of a vampire feeling ashamed and guilty about being what he is, having to drink blood, Gene, the main character, feels guilty and ashamed for being human. He's different than everyone around him. Lives in secret, pretends to be "normal". He lives in a world where everything has been turned on its head. Including the usual plot lines of vampire stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I wrote this review back in March, when I was only 2 months in, so sorry for the quality. :)

      Delete
  3. THAT ENDING! IT KILLED ME. LIKE, KILLED ME.

    It was beautiful and scary and crazy and INSANE. I really did enjoy this book a lot, but some parts just grossed me out too much to give it 5 stars. The series has so much potential, though, that I think it might end up being a favorite overall series.

    Great review! :)

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It was so freaking surprising that I literally just about died! AGH.

      It was beautiful, and scary, and insane...it was freaking all of those things, and I'm glad that I'm not the only person who thought so! <3 I kind of agree...some parts were gross-- I just had that problem with my most recent read, LOL. I think that it'll be a good series too-- I can't wait for THE PREY! :D

      Thanks, girly! (:

      Delete
    2. No I definitely agree - there were some disgusting parts! But the end/romance definitely made up for it! :D

      Delete