May 10, 2012

Entwined by Heather Dixon


Entwined 
Azalea and her younger sisters dance in the mysterious silver forest every night, escaping from the sadness of the palace and their father’s grief. What they don’t understand—although as time passes they begin to get an inkling of the danger they are in—is that the mysterious and dashing Keeper is tightening his snare with deadly purpose. Luckily, Azalea is brave and steadfast. Luckily, a handsome young army captain also has his eye on Azalea. . . . Lush, romantic, and compelling, this debut novel by Heather Dixon will thrill fans of Shannon Hale, Robin McKinley, and Edith Pattou.

My Thoughts/Review:

It was magical. I loved it, for all it's flowing words, and fairytale beauty. I can honestly say that I've read several adaptions of The Twelve Dancing Princesses, but this is the only one that has captured my heart and made me really want to read more about them. I mean, twelve princesses, named in alphabetical order? Nothing could be more magical, in my opinion. I loved Azalea's charm and wit, and Bramble's plotting and pranking, because for me, some characters are better as pranksters. Also, Clover was very interesting, and I wish we got to see more of her in the story.

I also loved how the author took a different approach to the dancing, because it was way better when they chose to be there than it was when they were cursed to be there because their mother had wanted twelve children. Much more intriguing. And forever making me want know more about how it ended. The author did a good job. One thing though, when Lily first appears, your shocked when she rarely comes back up, because shes a baby! And you see her a grand total of about 8 times in the book. How did that baby stay alive? It's insane!

I really liked the subplot with the romances, and the strange goings on by Keeper. When you first read him, you think, "Oh No, Here comes trouble." and guess what? Your right. He is trouble. In the worst kind of way. I won't tell you anything that he does, because that would ruin the book, but it is freaking scary. Because he is completely, and utterly, off his rocker. But you'll figure it out. I was highly entertained, and barely breathing so I could figure out what happened next, so what do you say you check it out?

                                                                       ♠♠♠
                                                                    Favorite Quote:
What was she even doing here? She's had some vague idea that people visited graveyards to find a connection--or something--with the dead. That somehow she would know what to do, if she stood next to Mother's grave, hoping for some sort of answer.

3 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEE LOVE THIS BOOK!!! A favorite from 2011, it totally tugged at my heartstrings and made me giggle and want to dance! Loved everything about it!

    Awesome review!

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! I really like the dancing bits-- and the description of the entwining dance in the beginning, it was REALLY cool. You read it in 2011? Man! I was missing out! It made me want to dance too! Thank you! <3

      Delete