September 5, 2013

Addicted to You by Krista and Becca Ritchie

Addicted to You (Addicted, #1)
Addicted to You by Krista and Becca Ritchie
Series: Addicted, #1
Source: Bought
Publisher: Self-published
Publication Date: July 1, 2013
No one would suspect shy Lily Calloway’s biggest secret. While everyone is dancing at college bars, Lily stays in the bathroom. To get laid. Her compulsion leads her to one-night stands, steamy hookups and events she shamefully regrets. The only person who knows her secret happens to have one of his own.

Loren Hale’s best friend is his bottle of bourbon. Lily comes at a close second. For three years, they’ve pretended to be in a real relationship, hiding their addictions from their families. They’ve mastered the art of concealing flasks and random guys that filter in and out of their apartment.

But when they go on a family boat trip, surrounded by open seas and limited male bodies in sight, Lily’s confronted with a big fear. Only one guy onboard can fill her addiction, and she’s sworn off going there with Loren Hale ever again.

Now the only person who can truly help her can barely help himself.
I read Addicted to You because it sounded like a good premise, and I was really in the mood for it. I've been waiting ever since I first heard of it! But I didn't like it quite as much as I had anticipated.

I found that Lily and Lo's addictions were very well fleshed out. The only problem with that is that, well, it made it very hard for me to see them as anything but their conditions. All I could see when I read was how much they were damaging each other. I'm hoping that in the next book there's a lot more healing rather then enabling, but we'll see. I understand that this book was meant to show you how unhealthy their relationship is, so it has achieved it's goal.

Lily and Lo really did have great chemistry, though. I loved their love scenes, and the crazy sense of humor that everyone seems to have in this book. All of the secondary characters were a nice touch in their own right, and they all worked really together.

All in all, Addicted to You wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but it definitely has potential as a series, and I hope to see more development in the characters in the next book.

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear you didn't like it as much as you though. I have to agree on the part where you can ONLY see them as there addictions because I did see them as just that in the book. I actually really loved some of the secondary characters and yes they were a great touch. I ended up loving this but then again i'm easy to please ;P


    -Great review Megan <333
    Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank God! Someone gets it! LOL. I really liked several of the secondary characters. LOL. I wish I was easy to please-- it doesn't seem like such a bad thing. LOL. Thanks, Lisseth!

    ReplyDelete