April 20, 2012

Num8ers(Numbers #1) by Rachel Ward

Ever since she was child, Jem has kept a secret: Whenever she meets someone new, no matter who, as soon as she looks into their eyes, a number pops into her head. That number is a date: the date they will die. Burdened with such awful awareness, Jem avoids relationships. Until she meets Spider, another outsider, and takes a chance. The two plan a trip to the city. But while waiting to ride the Eye ferris wheel, Jem is terrified to see that all the other tourists in line flash the same number. Today's number. Today's date. Terrorists are going to attack London. Jem's world is about to explode!


My Thoughts/Review:

I literally cannot tell you how many times I burst into tears while reading this. Not something you would expect, right?

Jem and Spider were pretty good characters, and I really enjoyed reading about them. Their relationship was really awesome, because it completely made sense to me in my demented mind. I was completely hooked on this book after the first chapter. I could not put it down. What I really loved about this book though, was the whole "on-the-run" aspect of it all. I really dig that kind of stuff. I mean, who doesn't love a good story about running from the law? Something else I liked was the way that the author didn't try to gloss over any events or anything that was said. She didn't try to make it 'kid-friendly' it was real, and I totally respect that. Also, the way that Jem could see the Numbers was just amazing. She made it a huge part of the book, and you really had to see what happened. You just had to know. Great plot. I never saw it coming. I was just hoping in the end it would turn out different.

                                                                ♠♠♠
"It's not all random. It can't be." I took a deep breath. "Because I was meant to meet you, and you were meant to meet me."


7 comments:

  1. I didn't like this book. I hated the characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Because I really liked them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this is the series that my friend read the second one and didn't realize there was a first! I want to read it, though, because she said the second was amazing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? Haha. I liked this book a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey
    cool blog :)

    new follower from book blogs
    do check out my blog, will you?
    Read that also

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! New Follower, from Book Blogs Social Media group. I updated your blog to the main frame pg.
    Thanks Lisa

    My blog-
    http://pnrurbanfantasyreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! I followed both your blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete