April 10, 2012

Nightshade(Nightshade #1) by Andrea Cremer

Ugh. A cliffhanger ending. You know how I love/hate those. Calla is a strong, kick-ass character, and I hope she remains that way in the next book. If she doesn't, well, I'll be heartbroken. I like Ren and Shay equally, but at some points in the book I just wanted to smack Ren. Hard. To put it this way, I liked Ren more, but Shay gets points for not making me want to smack him. My relationship with Ren would go something like this:
Smack him.
He calls me Lily.
I make up with him.
Then I make out with him.
He makes me mad.
Repeat.

Dysfunctional, No?
This plot just kept me guessing, and at the end, I'm sure I was staring off into space with a thunderstruck look on my face. But it's okay. That's what the best books are made of.

Here's the Blurb:

 Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


                              I give this Book Three Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment