April 15, 2012

For Keeps by Natasha Friend

For sixteen years, Josie Gardner and her mom, Kate, have been a team. It's been the Gardner Girls against the world, and that's how Josie likes it. Until one day, they find out that Paul Tucci, Kate's high school boyfriend-the father Josie has never met-is back in town. Josie's mom suddenly turns back into the heartbroken teenager she was when Paul moved away. Meanwhile, Josie's on the verge of having her first real boyfriend. And when Josie learns some surprising truths about Paul Tucci and the past, she begins questioning what she thought she knew, and finds out what happens when a girl gets the guy she always wanted and the dad she never knew she needed.


My Thoughts/Review:

This Book was really not all that great to me, but it was okay. It just wasn't what I was expecting. Josie's dad shows up way too late in the book for it too really make an impact, because you have to read about 200 pages before he shows up! I thought that was what the story was about! Josie was okay, but her character didn't really speak to me. I thought she was underdeveloped and just plain boring, to tell you the truth. I also thought this book was going to be a cute, fluffy romance(See cover.), but it just wasn't. Josie and Matt got absolutely no development time, and no real back story. Their romance was like this: Meet, Talk, Make out, End of Story. No back story whatsoever. No heartbreaking feelings. Nothing. Maybe it just wasn't for me, but I sure wasn't feeling it.

                                         ♠ ♠



No comments:

Post a Comment