April 7, 2012

Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper

I admit it. I cried. I cried when Melody got to talk. But guess what? That was a great, happy moment. You don't guess when you read the blurb. You don't guess when you see the cover. You don't guess what impact this book will have on you. You don't guess the emotions that seep through the pages of this book by any of these things. You read them, then you feel them. Because that is the definition of great writing. Melody is a very intelligent, thoughtful girl, but she has more limitations than we maybe do. She has Cerebral Palsy.

Here's the Blurb:

Words have always swirled around me like snowflakes-- each one delicate and different, each one melting untouched in my hands.
Deep within me, words pile up in huge drifts. Mountains of phrases and sentences and connected ideas. Clever expressions. Jokes. Love Songs....
But only in my head.
I have never spoken on single word. I am almost eleven years old.


                               I give this book Three Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment