April 16, 2012

Never Slow Dance with a Zombie by E. Van Lowe


Principal Taft's 3 Simple Rules for Surviving a Zombie Uprising:


Rule #1: While in the halls, walk slowly and wear a vacant expression on your face. Zombies won't attack other zombies.


Rule #2:  Never travel alone.  Move in packs.  Follow the crowd.  Zombies detest blatant displays of individuality.


Rule #3:  If a zombie should attack, do not run. Instead, throw raw steak at to him.  Zombies love raw meat. This display of kindness will go a long way.


On the night of her middle school graduation, Margot Jean Johnson wrote a high school manifesto detailing her goals for what she was sure would be a most excellent high school career. She and her best friend, Sybil, would be popular and, most important, have boyfriends. Three years later, they haven't accomplished a thing!


Then Margot and Sybil arrive at school one day to find that most of the student body has been turned into flesh-eating zombies. When kooky Principal Taft asks the girls to coexist with the zombies until the end of the semester, they realize that this is the perfect opportunity to live out their high school dreams. All they have to do is stay alive....


My Thoughts/Review:

One thing to say: Great Imagination. I read this yesterday, and I literally dreamed about it last night(I know. I'm weird). Just a clarification. Not a scary dream, just a normal one. I burst out laughing when I woke up and realized that was what I was dreaming about. Anywho, back  to the book. Margot was snarky and mean throughout most of the book, but at the end she went back to being the girl she was before. A girl who had the capacity for good. She just didn't show it so much. Sybil was awesome in her typical Heart of Goldness, and Milton was just hilarious! I love how he's always saying "I have a Four-point-oh GPA." in the totally superior sounding voice of his. GPA's don't really matter in my opinion. It's just another way for the man to bring us down. I know. I sound like a total hippie. Baron was great in his geeky/cuteness, and I liked him tons better than Dirk the Zombie. But you know, it's just my opinion. Anyways, cute book, and hilarious plot line . I wanna read the next by E. Van Lowe.

                                          ♠♠♠
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment