April 10, 2012

Gym Candy by Carl Deuker

It took me almost a hundred pages to get into this book. But once I did, I couldn't put it down. It had alot of football jargon, and to be honest with you, I didn't understand most of it. That's why I almost put it down. Once I got past all the football language, I realized there was really story in there, trying to get out. I honestly think that Mick wants to be just like his dad. He was off to a great start. But he needed to be better. Faster. Then he was. All it took was one pill. One injection. Then he needed more. He couldn't go back. Mick really seems like a great guy, he just got a little off track. This book was very hard hitting, and it lets you in Mick's mind. Just a little. Enough to tell you that it's not just saying No, it's believing it too.


Here's the Blurb:

“Look, Mick,” he said, “you’re going to find out from somebody in the gym, so you might as well find out from me. Those supplements you’re taking? They might get you a little bigger, but just a little. If you’re after serious results, there’s other stuff that produces better results much faster, stuff that a lot of guys in the gym use.” “What other stuff?” “You know what I’m talking about—gym candy.”



                             I give this Book Three Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment