January 30, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #5


Furious

Title: Furious
Author: Jill Wolfson
Series: N/A
Publisher: Henry Holt and CO. BYR
Publication Date: April 16, 2013
Goodreads||The Book Depository
Three high school girls become the avenging Furies of Greek legend.

We were only three angry girls, to begin with. Alix, the hot-tempered surfer chick; Stephanie, the tree-hugging activist; and me, Meg, the quiet foster kid, the one who never quite fit in. We hardly knew each other, but each of us nurtured a burning anger: at the jerks in our class, at our disappointing parents, at the whole flawed, unjust world.

We were only three angry girls, simmering uselessly in our ocean-side California town, until one day a mysterious, beautiful classmate named Ambrosia taught us what else we could be: Powerful. Deadly. Furious.

GREEK MYTH. I love greek myths so much, and I can't wait to see how the author modernizes the tale of the Furies! Plus, you know, everyone loves a book about an angry girl. ;) Eeeeek! Let's just say that when I get my hands on this one, you won't see hide nor hair of me until I'm finished-- I hope.

8 comments:

  1. Love this cover!
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty, isn't it?!

      I hope that I do to. (:

      Delete
  2. That cover is intense! I'm not really a fan of Greek myths myself but I hope you get your hands on a copy soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It absolutely does! I cannot wait to read it! :D

      Delete