January 8, 2013

Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck

Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
Title: Tiger's Quest
Author: Colleen Houck
Series: The Tiger Saga, #2
Source: Gifted
Publisher: Splinter
Publication Date: June 7, 2011
Back in Oregon, Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. But danger lurks around the corner, forcing her to return to India where she embarks on a second quest--this time with Ren's dark, bad-boy brother Kishan, who has also fallen prey to the Tiger's Curse. Fraught with danger, spellbinding dreams, and choices of the heart, TIGER'S QUEST brings the trio one step closer to breaking the spell that binds them.
I got admit that I love Kishan the most. I think that there would be no contest with me-- Ren just isn't my type. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of Shakespeare (or much classic literature really), and he's just honestly not my kind of guy. Kishan is awesome, is he not? Oh, and another thing that I need to admit: this is my third time reading this, so excuse me if my thoughts are a little weird.

I'm not sure that I really like Kelsey. There, I said it. She seems a tad bit...I don't know-- flat. Her only interests appear to be classic literature and movies, and she's simply too needy for my taste. I can't stand needy characters usually, but I make an exception for her because the series that she belongs to is absolutely fantastic.

As I've mentioned before, I'm head over heels for Kishan. He is my favorite character, and the series simply would not be as awesome without him. I mean, Ren is okay, but Kishan? SA-WOON. Ren will never be that awesome, even though we met him first. Kishan blows him out of the water every time.

As for the storyline, I think that it's fabulous. I love all the bits and pieces of Hindu culture that make their way into every book (such as bilauta, which it the CUTEST nickname), and I simply love the descriptions. I do have one issue, though. There's a LOT of description in Tiger's Quest. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'm not one to read 10 pages about the same thing. Sorry.

All in all, I love Tiger's Quest. As we speak, I'm trying to find a way to push the next book in the series up on my TBR, but I have so many other books to read first. :(
"Instead of wondering why this has happened, perhaps you should consider why this has happened to you. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck." ~ Pg. 248

4 comments:

  1. I really need to get reading my copy of Tiger' s Curse! I have heard only the best since you like them....duh! I nee to read! ;)Glad you liked Megs!

    xxx, Inks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! Of course you have-- I love this series! And my little sister (who never reads) loves it too! Duh! ;P Thanks, girly! (;

      Delete
  2. I've heard much about this series but I haven't started it yet. But since you seem to love it so much. You've read this three times? Wow! I need to pick it up soon. Awesome Review as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic! You should read it, like, YESTERDAY! ;) I do really love it! Yes! I've read this book three times! (Is that surprising?) Go for it. :D Thank you! (:

      Delete