January 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #3


The Ward
Title: The Ward
Author: Jordana Frankel
Series: The Ward, #1
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: April 30, 2013
GoodReads||The Book Depository
Sixteen-year-old Ren is a daredevil mobile racer who will risk everything to survive in the Ward, what remains of a water-logged Manhattan. To save her sister, who is suffering from a deadly illness thought to be caused by years of pollution, Ren accepts a secret mission from the government: to search for a freshwater source in the Ward, with the hope of it leading to a cure.

However, she never expects that her search will lead to dangerous encounters with a passionate young scientist; a web of deceit and lies; and an earth-shattering mystery that’s lurking deep beneath the water’s rippling surface.

Jordana Frankel’s ambitious debut novel and the first in a two-book series, The Ward is arresting, cinematic, and thrilling—perfect for fans of Scott Westerfeld or Ann Aguirre.

GAH, really. You don't know why I'm waiting? Look at the fabulous cover! Just look for a second, seriously! It gives me the idea that this is going to be one seriously epic dystopian! And she RIDES A FREAKING MOTORCYCLE? (That is what a mobile is, right?) And seriously, a passionate young scientist? Here's me: O_O "Go on..." LOL. I'm really interested to see how the author plays this one out-- as more of a dystopian, or more of a slight romance? I'm leaning towards dystopian, but I've been wrong before!

18 comments:

  1. Omg I am so unbelievably excited for this book! The cover is simply breathtaking, and the summery looks awesome as well! Awesome pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? It sounds fantastic! I LOVE THE COVER! :D Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. I hear you GIRLY. Intense need right here. Great pick!!!!
    xx, Inks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Exactly! Intense need describes it pretty well! :D Thanks! (:

      <3<3

      Delete
  3. I already have this one on my to-read list and I can't wait. I love the summary but I also adore the cover. I'm really excited about this one! Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't either! It looks FREAKING FAB. LOL. The cover just makes it beautimous. :D Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Ooo, I've never heard of this one!!! I love the cover!!! The cover alone is enough to draw me in, but I think the synopsis is pretty intriguing. Great choice!!! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY? I LOVE THE COVER TOO! :D :D It's fabulous, and I agree. I saw the cover, BAM. I knew that I had to read it. Thanks! (:

      Delete
  5. Sometimes, I think I'm sick of dystopians and then a book like this comes along and I'm like... nope, I can do one more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Dystopian is over done, but hello? They're almost always fabulous! I totally agree with you! (:

      Delete
  6. AH!!! I want this book so badly too, I LOVE THAT COVER!!! Yeah i wanna see how the author pulls dystopian and romance together but i LOVE the scientist part ;)

    -AWESOME WoW pick Megan! =D
    Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ [My WoW]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE COVER IS BEAUTIFUL! LOL. The scientist part was AMAZING. I was all like, I WILL LIKE YOU PASSIONATE SCIENTIST. LOL. Thanks! (:

      Delete
  7. You're welcome! Happy reading to you too! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice new blog header megan! Looking good!
    I like the book cover there, it reminds me of a book by James Dashner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a definite must read for me.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I've never read anything by James Dashner. Is he any good? Glad to hear that! (:

      Delete
  9. Fans of Scott Westerfeld? THAT'S ME! Great pick Megan! Sounds like a kick butt dystopian =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! I STILL haven't read anything by Westerfield, though! I know, I can't wait to read it! (:

      Delete