November 10, 2012

The United States of YA


Hey guys! This isn't an official challenge, but I really wanted to do it. I'm challenging myself to read all of the books on this list--that I haven't already read--in the next year. So, I'm starting today. November 10, 2012, and ending next year on- November the 10th. So, here's the list, and wish me luck!

Alabama - The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore
Alaska - Julie of the Wolves by Ean Craighead George
Arizona - Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King
Arkansas - Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
California - Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Colorado - A Beautiful Dark By Jocelyn Davies
Connecticut - My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Delaware - The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls by Julie Schumacher
Florida - The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Georgia - Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Hawaii - Under the Blood-Red Sun by Graham Salisbury
Idaho - Deadline by Chris Crutcher
Illinois - Divergent by Veronica Roth
Indiana - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Iowa - Ashfall by Mike Mullin
Kansas - The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
Kentucky - The Queen of Kentucky by Alecia Whitaker
Louisiana - Arise by Tara Hudson
Maine - Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Maryland - Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause
Massachusetts - Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Michigan - Wake by Lisa McMann
Minnesota - Shiver by Maggie Steifvater
Mississippi - Beneath a Meth Moon by Jacqueline Woodson
Missouri - Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton
Montana - The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth
Nebraska - Revived by Cat Patrick
Nevada - Crank by Ellen Hopkins
New Hampshire - Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay
New Jersey - White Cat by Holly Black
New Mexico - Fated by Alyson Noel
New York - The Diviners by Libba Bray
North Carolina - The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen
North Dakota - The Beet Fields by Gary Paulsen
Ohio - I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Oklahoma - Knights of the Hill Country by Tim Tharp
Oregon - If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Pennsylvania - Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
Rhode Island - Devilish by Maureen Johnson
South Carolina - Beautiful Creatures by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia
South Dakota - Go Big or Go Home by Will Hobbs
Tennessee - Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Texas - Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey
Utah - Everneath by Brodi Ashton
Vermont - Jip by Katherine Paterson
Virginia - The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater
Washington - The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
West Virginia - Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Wisconsin - Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
Wyoming - Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

19/50 so far.
*Image and list courtesy of Epic Reads.com

18 comments:

  1. Megan, seriously: You have got to read Unearthly. The book crush I have on Tucker Avery is ridiculous, and I can't find anyone else who has read it to share my fictional cowboy love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I'm hoping that I will soon. I have fictional cowboy love! I'm crazy like that. ;)

      Delete
  2. I would love to read those books, too!
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you want to be my reading buddy? LOL. Thanks, girl! :D

      Delete
  3. Wow...this challenge is so cool! And I agree, you got to read Unearthy like YESTERDAY! It's one of my all-time favourite. Can't say the same thing about its sequel though. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh, I keep hearing that--I hope I get to read it soon! Aww, that sucks. :(

      Delete
  4. This is so cool.
    I really want to read some of those books as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Epic Reads is awesome! Great, that makes more than one of us! :D

      Delete
  5. That's a good challenge idea! You ned to read Unearthly! SO GOOD. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, Now I know that I've got to read it--you're the third person to have told me that! :D

      Delete
  6. Good luck, this is a really great challenge idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you know they are also doing a world wide map of YA books???
    Lil Berry @ Forget About TV, Grab a Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's totally insane, but I can't wait to see it! :D

      Delete
  8. So are these books ABOUT the state or written by people FROM the state? I'm so curious about this one!! Definitely something I'm going to have to try :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're based in the state. Like, My Life Next Door is based in Connecticut, so it's Connecticut's state book. I hope that it'll be fun! I've challenged myself to it, so it's not official, but I hope I have fun! Thanks! (:

      Delete