November 23, 2012

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) by Michelle Hodkin


The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)


Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?


My Thoughts/Review:

Excuse me while I die. Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh. Aah! Why?? Okay, I think I might be done now--nope, I was wrong. Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh. NOOO! *dies* Not only did this book have one of the biggest (and best!) cliffhanger endings imaginable, it also made me realize this: We're all more than a little insane, even if we don't want to admit it.

Honestly. What is normal? Why should we be reduced to being normal? Why can't we all be abnormal? Excuse my favorite pasttime--philosophy. ;)

There are only two words to describe this book, and if I want to keep my PG rating, I won't be using them--but just imagine that I said something like mind-freak of a novel. Because that's what I was thinking. For like fifteen minutes, that was my only thought about this book. Mind freak. The scary freaking DOLL.

Predictably, Mara was crazy sounding, prone to stuff that sounds very delusional and schizophrenic--but when you're reading it through her point of view, I can promise you that you'll believe every word of it, and that it's going to freak you out, in a creepy, psycho-killerish way. That's one of the longest run-on sentences ever, but I believe it was necessary.

What else was necessary? Noah. He makes quite a bit of the story better--sometimes Mara can be a little intense, so it's nice that he and Jamie mix it up once in a while, even if they do hate each other's guts. Seriously, how could this book series ever be anything without Noah Shaw? Even his last name is sexy! (Even though he can be pretty mean, we'll forgive him unless he does something unforgivable. Like wearing a yellow cardigan.)

All in all, I enjoyed this second installment of Mara Dyer, but I wish that I had re-read The Unbecoming, because I was constantly being surprised by events that I should have remembered.
stars-desi-glitters-10stars-desi-glitters-10stars-desi-glitters-10stars-desi-glitters-10
Favorite Quote:
"Don't tell me, because I might not remember. Write it down, and then maybe someday, if I ever get better, let me read it. Otherwise I'll change a little bit everyday and never know who I was until I'm gone."

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you liked this one! I've been waiting to read it... for reasons I don't even know. I'm just waiting. Probably because I'm afraid of another cliffhanger ending. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did like it! Why have you been waiting? READ IT ASAP. Well, waiting is fun. Really gets the blood flowing. Don't be afraid--run full tilt and embrace it! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. I atually pre-ordered this book back in September and I got it in the mail on Oct. 22....I read it for a while, but sorta gave up, because another book caught my attention. Now I'm even more hesitant to read it....NOT another cliffhanger! Who knows...I may read it soon or maybe just wait until the third book is released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I would've pre-ordered it. It was that high on my TBR. ;) Aww, I'm sorry you gave up, but I've done stuff like that before. AAH, I might DIE. SERIOUSLY. How does she expect us to live after that?? Does the third book even have a name? I haven't heard. Thanks for commenting! (:

      Delete