November 12, 2012

Novel Thoughts #1


Hi guys! Welcome to our first Novel Thoughts! Yay! So, this is going to be a bi-weekly event, and for all you bookish folks out there, it's going to be fantastic! So, once you've finished reading each of our posts, we all wanna know what you think--so comment, comment, comment! :)

Here's today's topic:

Chey, Inky and I all have favorite genres. So, what are our favorite books from each?

Yep, hun, that's what we asked. So now I shall tell!

Chey likes Sci-Fi! My favorite books from Science Fiction are:
Divergent (Divergent, #1)Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)Raven Rise (Pendragon, #9)

I don't believe that my love of Divergent needs to be explained--it's just awesome!

Across the Universe is very cool--if you haven't read it, you totally should!

The Pendragon Series was just--it was one of the most original sci-fi series I've read in a long time, and it's worth the ten books. :)

Inky likes Historical! My favorite books from historical are:
To Catch a PirateSaving JulietSomething Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1)
To Catch a Pirate--I'm not sure how to best describe my love of this one, but it definitely has something to do with the swoon-worthy rogue...

Saving Juliet can't be explained as easily, because it's a cool mix of classic literature, classic times, and time travel through a very strange object!

Something Strange and Deadly just makes my day. It's a terrific blend of zombies, steampunk, and the 1800's.

And my favorite--Contemporary!
The Duff: Designated Ugly Fat FriendCatching Jordan (Hundred Oaks, #1)Forget You

The DUFF is one of my favorite books of all time--I find myself coming back to it over and over. It's the ultimate feel good book.

Catching Jordan is the same way--if I've had a bad day, I can count on this book to cheer me up with it's terrific humor, and wonderful characters.

Forget You is really one of the best books if you're a girly girl, or just a girl who likes some romance. I love Jennifer Echols!

So guys, are any of these your favorites? What are your favorites? Tell us in the comments! (And visit Chey and Inky!)



10 comments:

  1. Megan, I just gladly joined your blog! I LOVE your enthusiasm!!It is absolutely invigorating! Better than a cup of coffee...well actually, much much better cos I odn't srink coffe...but you get my meaning! You give everyone the boost they need!! So the heck with caffeine..let's bottle what you've got!!
    www.deborahpalumbo.com
    http://deborahpalumbotheundeparted.blogspot.com/
    LET'S CONNECT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hate coffee too--it's really gross, and I don't understand why you would drink it. My mom says that all the time...Done. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! Divergent! ♥ I love that one! I read a book by D.J. Machale and really enjoyed it, so I've been meaning to try out Pendragon. (:

    I want to read all the others! Especially The Duff, even though I haven't heard too much about it.

    This was such a great idea and I'm so glad I get to be a part of it, Meg! BBBF! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Aah, I can't get enough of Tris...but I was a bit disappointed with Insurgent. :(

      Try it! I want you to love Pendragon as much as I do! Oh, I loved that book when I was younger--I probably still would if I re-read it. The DUFF is so amazing, I can't even tell you!

      Thank you! I love you for doing it. :) BBBF! :D

      Delete
  3. DIVERGENT is made of awesome sauce. Yesss... Meep, I love Across the Universe too! Isn't it fabulous? :D To Catch a Pirate is also a favorite of mine. I HEART the rogue in that book. He is just LEGIT EPIC. XD. I have Something S&D!! I'm so excited to start reading it! It looks amazing! And I need to read all the ones in your Contemp picks! They all look really good.

    YAY FOR AN AWESOME NOVEL THOUGHTS KICK-OFF! *fistpound*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! For some reason, most book bloggers think so--that means it's just a good book in general! It totally is fabulous! But I still haven't read A Million Suns, and Shades of the Earth is coming out in January!

      He is LEGIT, and EPIC. I love him as a character! I hope you read it soon, and that you love it! Thanks girl, I hope you read 'em soon!

      I KNOW! IT'S BEEN FREAKING EPIC SO FAR! *fistpound back*

      Delete
  4. I love fantasy and sci-fi. The only problem I have with it is that it is now focused towards girls and romance. Not that I don't like romance, I read mostly fantasy romance, but for most books, it should stay on the side with one huge problem as the foundation of the book. And whiny Mary Sues! Ugh, fantasy has the worst.
    Although those are my favorite, I also really like every fiction sub-genre and some non-fiction books. Just give me a good lead, a real plot and a satisfying ending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of books have fixed their plots on romance. I think that's why so many boys don't read! As epic as Divergent was, my friend never finished it because he couldn't stand the romance. He loved the stabbing and stuff, but romance is too much.

      I agree! But my thing is good characters--I don't need plot, just give me good characters! ;D

      Delete
  5. I wan to be on your er.. blogroll. I saw the blog button swap post. I'll add you to my blogroll right now!
    http://editorsarticle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done! You're on there now. Awesome! Thank you! :D

      Delete