November 6, 2012

Scribbler of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson


Scribbler of Dreams


Romeo and Juliet had the right idea. About dating the enemy that is. They were true to their hearts.

Kaitlin Malone know what it's like to date the enemy. She was raised to hate the Crutchfields, and absolutely does - until she meets Bram Crutchfield. It turns out he's a great guy - one she could talk to, share things with...even love. But when Kaitlin gives her heart to Bram, her world spins out of control. Soon the Crutchfields are her friends and she's a traitor to her own family.

To make things worse ,Bram was raised to hate the Malones,especially Kaitlin's father - who murdered Bram's dad. Bram doesn't know Kaitlin is a Malone. If he did he would hate her, too.

What's a star-crossed lover to do?


My Thoughts/Review:

This one is another book I've been waiting on forever--but it's not near as much of a disappointment as the others. Don't get me wrong, it's by no means a five star review, but it's not a one star either. It's comfortably in between those two ratings.

One of my problems with this book was the characters. I just didn't really care for them. And I really wanted to read The Diviners, but my sister totally frowned at me because I hadn't finished the book I'd started first. So I soldiered on, reading until my eyeballs ached, and I didn't really get anything out of the story.

The characters just...didn't do it for me. They kind of drove me crazy, and I didn't really care about them, neither did I have any real reason to keep reading.

Insta-love was too much in play here--I know it's based off of Romeo and Juliet, but I can't help but complain about it. I'm just not a fan of the insta-love craze. I prefer reading about actual developing relationships. Huge shocker, I know. Another problem I had was the word-building. Several times I lost my place, and didn't know how I'd gotten here from there. It may have just been the squealing kittens in the other room, but they're still squealing, and I know where this review is going.

It's not going anywhere good, but when I was reading this book it was enjoyable! I hate when I read a book and like it fine, then I start to write a review and the only things that come to mind are bad things. Things that make me lower the rating. But it wasn't that bad. Does anybody else do the same thing??

  stars-desi-glitters-10stars-desi-glitters-10stars-desi-glitters-10
Favorite Quote:
I was empty. And in a strange way, it felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment