January 2, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #1


This is my first time ever participating in Waiting on Wednesday, so don't laugh if I epically fail, and fall all over myself with joy at the the thought of these beautiful books....sigh. But we're all book lover's here, so maybe we won't laugh each other-- we're all excited about books! YAY! BOOKS! The new year has brought us all new book pools, right? Oh, and it's only because of Inky @ Book Haven Extraordinaire that I'm doing this-- she's convinced me to try it, so yay! She's awesome. (:

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)Title: Dare You To
Author: Katie McGarry
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: May 28, 2013

"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all...
Well, surely I'm not the only one waiting for this one! Katie is a fantastic author, and I'm absolutely DYING to get my hands on this one, because seriously? I read the sneak peek in the end of Pushing the Limits, and I'm super curious to see where it goes from there! I really wanna know how they fall in love, how much romance is in it, is Ryan going on the SA-WOON list along side of Noah? LOL. I just wrote lust, instead of list. You see where I'm going with this, right? THIS BOOK WILL BE FANTASTIC, and the cover is absolutely perfect. I'm actually a bit disappointed that Beth and Isaiah don't end up together...what's up with that? Will there be another book with Isaiah? *le sigh* I NEED this book.

What are you waiting on?

20 comments:

  1. Yay! I loved Pushing the Limits,and cant wait to read Beth's story. Fab pick and thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my friend convinced me to do this, I KNEW that this was the first one that I was going to choose! :D You're welcome!

      Delete
  2. :O I gotta read Pushing the limits! But yes this book sounds pretty good. I really like that this one follows different characters =) And yeah Hannah get's us to try a LOT of crazy things =P

    -Great first WoW pick Meagn,
    Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ [My WoW]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It follows the secondary characters from the original book, LOL. I'm excited, but I want to read about ISAIAH! *collapse on floor because she has to WAIT* Yes. Yes she does, LOL.

      Thanks! :D

      Delete
  3. This was my pick last week! I can't wait to read it and swoon the way I did with Pushing the Limits! Katie's writing style is excellent, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy her stories no matter what's in them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! You have fabulous taste in books! ;D I swooned so hard with Pushing the Limits, I hope that this one is just as good! :D Katie's writing style IS TOTALLY EXCELLENT! (:

      Delete
  4. Pushing the Limits was my favorite book last year! I want Dare You To now! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LAST YEAR? Wait. It's 2013 now...sorry, I forgot. o_O You're welcome! (:

      Delete
  5. I haven't read Pushing the Limits, but I haven't seen a negative comment about it. I guess I should grab it before this one comes out! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's completely fabulous! I really recommend it. Thank you! :D

      Delete
  6. YESSSSSSSS! YAYA MEGS!!!!! YOU DID IT! *FIREWORKS EXPLODE INTO BRIGHT COLORS* Tehe. I knew you would. :D And Great pick. I feel like I need to read PTL soon. Lol. Soon. I promise. :D First I need to go finish my WOW...lol. Fail me on the week you start doing it!
    XX. Inks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *TELL ME YOU GOT COOL FIREWORKS, LIKE THOSE FLOWER ONES* Of course you did, LOL. I've been hearing about the pros and cons of memes for weeks! (Not only from you, if you catch my drift.) YOU DO NEED TO READ PTL SOON. I loved, LOL. Good job, Inks! Don't break your promisishness! Haha, of course. I'm gonna go check and see if you've posted yours. :D

      Delete
  7. THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!! I love Katie McGarry and Pushing the Limits sooo much!!!!!! Great choice!!!! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!!!! It was FANTABULOUS! I LOVED IT! And honestly, I can't wait to read this, because I will DIE WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON IT. :D

      Delete
  8. I'm definitely waiting. Pushing the Limits was one of my favorites last year. I can't wait to read this one.

    My WOW is here

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people are saying that Pushing the Limits was their favorite last year-- I totally loved it, but I'm not good at picking favorites. ;) I'm DYING for it.

      Delete
  9. I really LOVED Pushing the Limits. It was my Christmas read this year. I'm honestly really curious how Katie McGarry is going to color Beth's character. We barely knew much about her from PTL. We learn a lot about her life and her background, etc. but not too much of what's going on inside her head. I can't wait to read this book, if only to see Beth get her happily ever after too! ;)

    Ezmirelda @ Parafantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pushing the Limits was FABULOUS, wasn't it? I read it the day after Christmas, I think. I am too-- what can she do to make us fall in love with this story as much as PTL? I'm actually not sure that I want to know what's going on in Beth's head-- but I'll be reading it ASAP. I am kind of sad that she's not with Isaiah, though. :( I wanna see Beth's happily ever after too! (:

      Delete
  10. I've been waiting for this since the minute I finished Pushing the Limits. Her writing was fantastic and I really liked Beth and I can't wait to read her story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It had that FANTASTIC excerpt at the back of the book, and it sounds SO AMAZING. I TOTALLY AGREE! :D

      Delete