August 30, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - The One Where I Cover... Oh, About Three Months...

[STSmall%255B4%255D.png]
So, actually, I haven't done one of these haul things for three months. I usually make a video for them - and I did film one, but... well, I filmed it before going on vacation abroad, and had no time to edit it, and eventually, I never did finish it -- plus the stuff I said in it became quite outdated. Then, I was just... two lazy to film one again. So, I'm going back to my roots with a normal, photographic haul!

You can just stare at the pretty pictures (of which I am SUPER proud) and like them on my Instagram if you like what you see - and you could read my reasoning for getting the books/tidbits about them bellow if you'd like :)
Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger - This was a birthday present, from me to myself. I've been dying to dive back into the historical, steampunk fantasy world Carriger created with her newest series! Plus, the cover is soo pretty! 
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff - this is a birthday present from my best friend! This one looks awesome! It's a fantasy set in a feudal steampunk Japan. I repeat - fantasy. Steampunk. Feudal. JAPAN. *squees uncontrollably*
Poison Study/ Magic Study / Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder - This is a late one cause I've already managed to read all three books in the trilogy and completely fall in love and WHY haven't I read this sooner?! you guys, anyone who thinks about reading it should just go buy it and read it, cause it is amazingballs and Valek is major swoon and Yelena rocks ass.
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Mass - I haven't read Thorn of Glass yet, cause I knew I wanted to read the prequels before that so I could get the whole picture. Finally, I ordered them. Now, here was a struggle because I wanted a hardcover - but my copy of the first book is paperback. Eventually, I caved to my need to have a matching set. Alas, the world is cruel and is laughing at me because even though I checked this was from the same publishing group - IT STILL DOESN'T MATCH IN HEIGHT. Why?! *sobs*
Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover - I've read Hopeless a while back, and I enjoyed it, so I jumped on the chance to get a signed copy of the companion novel. I enjoyed this one, as well. It was fun seeing through Holder's eyes and understanding him better. Plus - guy on the cover is a hottie! LOL
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - this is such a big (and purdyyyy) book! And I really enjoyed it! Perfect summer read :) 
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohen & David Levithan The authors of this book are two big names I've wanted to check out for a while - so one book written by the two of them sounded completely perfect and I jumped on the opportunity to get it! To be completely honest, I tried starting this one a while back. The first two chapters completely made me go WTF, with the voice of the MCs (both teenagers) sounding like they're eighty. I will have to give some distance between me and this book before trying to pick it up again :/
Half Bad by Sally Green - I bought this one because of the cover (I know, shallowwwwwww. But I'm not even sorry) and I opted for a paperback and not a hardcover because the paperback is super cool - back and front are mirror images, one in black and one in white and it feels sooo nice. Like, it's a pet-all-day-long type of book! 
More Than Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram - For those who know me, Kelly Oram is one of my absolute favorite authors, and Jamie Baker is one of my favorite series. I bought a signed copy from Kelly for my cousin's birthday (of course, I bought two copies cause - hello! I deserve to get her signature too, don't I?!) and she included in my copy a short letter and I was OVER THE MOON when I read it. This lady is just so nice, y'all! 
Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles - This one was a complete surprise from Megs! Around the time of my birthday, she mentioned she wanted to get me a present and asked for my address (and wishlist), but that was the last time we spoke of it and I honestly had no idea she's gotten me something until I opened the Book Depository package and gaped at a book I was pretty sure I hadn't ordered. I had had Rules of Attraction on my radar for a while now, as I think Perfect Chemistry was one of my first contemporaries that I enjoyed, but I really needed a push and this is it! Now I'll definitely read it ;)
The Casual Vacancy by J.K Rowling - J.K is my QUEEN y'all. She is the literal queen of literature and I adore this woman to PIECES! So, naturally, I've been wanting to read The Casual Vacancy since, oh, the day it was announced. But, I'm also slightly afraid to read it - which is why I haven't bought it until now. My brain knows this is not (and will never be) Harry Potter. But I'm afraid my heart won't listen to my brain. I'm afraid I'll subconsciously compare the books, and as Harry Potter is my go-to book I'm afraid I'll find The Casual Vacancy lacking just because of that. Have you ever been afraid to read a book before?
Tatiana and Alexander / the Summer Garden by Paullina Simons -  So, I've read the Bronze Horseman. It actually should've been in this haul, but it's on loan to my aunt so... Anyways, I enjoyed the Bronze Horseman and am excited -- and terrified -- to continue Tatiana and Alexander's journey. Terrified why? Well, we have about 1000 pages more of this story. That means this couple, who has suffered greatly in the first book alone, is expecting a ton more of trouble. That's troubling, too me. Anyways, here's to reading these two books soon! 
Scarlet / Lade Thief by A.C Gaughen - So, Scarlet has been on my radar for a while. And I loved it, so I immediately ordered Lady Thief. I can't WAIT to see where the series go from here, with the final book Lion Heart being a while away *sobs*
Take me On by Katie McGarry - Well, it's no secret I LOVE the Pushing the Limits series. So, do I really have to explain this one?... 
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - Weeeeeeeeel, I kind had to check out all the hype, you know? And I was pleasantly surprised, too! Enough to be excited for the next book :) 
Deerskin by Robin McKinley - this was a birthday present from a good friend of mine, and I actually don't know anything about it. But just now I saw it has pretty good ratings on Goodreads, AND 13000 ratings - which is not bad. Not bad at all... 
The Ocean at the end of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - I caved, okay? I caved! I found this book under discount in my local bookstore (which made it cost the same as on TBD) and decided to get it on a whim. I've been meaning to try a Neil Gaiman book again and this just looks so... so... pretty.
Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey- This was under discount, and I HAVE been meaning to buy the whole series for a while now... so, yes. I don't have the second. But, hey, I will! 
Last Breath by Rachel Caine - so, this is the next one in the Morganville Vampires series. This is (I think) the only series I own mismatched. I've three books of this edition and four (I think) of the US editions. Thing is - I don't really like EITHER edition. Both are kind of Blah for me. This one would be nice if not for the awful font, actually... Anyways, it became so mismatched because of Amazon bargains (which allowed me to get three books in the series for practically nothing) and one of the UK signed editions being up for grabs in TBD. So, when I saw this one discounted in TBD I was like "whateve, I don't even care anymore, let's do this."
Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder - Well, have you read my Poison Study review / looked what I wrote under the photo of it here? So, do I really need to explain this one?... 
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen - my first Sarah Dessen book! Hooray! Can't say I was overly impressed, but it wasn't a bad book by far. Looking forward to trying her again sometime!
How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer - this looked like such a cute contemporary I could NOT hold myself back. And it WAS a really cute contemporary. I absolutely loved the setting of it!
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell - I love Rainbow. I love awkward nerdy guys and I most definitely enjoyed this book and recommend it! 
On the Fence by Kasie West - I love Kasie West, even though I wasn't the BIGGEST fan of her other contemporary book; The Distance Between Us. I thoroughly enjoyed On the Fence, with a tomboy for a MC and a childhood friends kind of romance. Yum!
Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire - I've been so excited for this one since it was announced! I even opted for the prettier cover (though it does not match my edition of Beautiful/Walking Disaster) cause I couldn't resist myself. And in a sense, this book was a big disappointment, even though I enjoyed it. Does that make sense?
A Mad Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller - another present from my BF for my birthday, and I confess I've been coveting this book ever since I saw how GORGEOUS it looks underneath the dust jacket. It was also quite gorgeous inside, and I recommend this one immensely!

Phew, that was a LOT of catching up. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact I filmed the video with these books (meaning I became invested in giving them their proper STS place) I would've just dropped the whole thing. But I'm glad I didn't cause I am just LOVING the pictures!

Also, for those of you who are reading this line... you are fabulous and amazing and I love you *smooches*

   Nitzan

No comments:

Post a Comment