December 30, 2012

YA Contemporary Wrap-up


Yep, you read that right. I participated in the 2012 YA Contemporary challenge, and here is my wrap up post-- and all of the review links for the books on the list that I finished, with a short run-through of the MUCH LONGER list that I didn't finish...sigh. There were fifteen books on my original list, along with a whole bunch of book that were on a longer "If I have time" kind of list. Let's start with the reviews. ;) (This is fun for me! I'm getting to read a lot of my older reviews-- man, I used to SUCK. Some reviews are better than others. I wrote commentary!)

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith <--I thought I was rambling, it was ONE PARAGRAPH. o_O
The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen <--I like this review.
The One that I Want by Jennifer Echols <--Hmm. Needs work.
Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale <--Don't read it. *covers eyes*
The List by Siobhan Vivian <--I quote Eleanor Roosevelt!
Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Coriell <--Not all that bad, but super short.
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick <--Really long, but I reveal a lot of why I am who I am in this one. It's a passionate review, for an AMAZING book.
Counting Backwards by Laura Lascarso <--Wow, I have three comments! That's a lot, for August! I love, love, love comments! :D

Okay, now for the UNREAD BOOKS OF DOOM. They're numbered, LOL. (:
  1. In Honor by Jessi Kirby
  2. Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
  3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  4. Fracture by Megan Miranda
  5. Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic
  6. Try Not to Breathe by Jennifer R. Hubbard
  7. In Too Deep by Amanda Grace
  8. The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
  9. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
  10. Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby
  11. This One Time with Julia by David Lampson
  12. Where it Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
  13. Pieces Of Us by Margie Gelbwasser
  14. The Difference Between You and Me by Madeleine George
  15. Life is But a Dream by Brian James
  16. The Story of Us by Deb Calletti
  17. Dying to Know You by Aidan Chambers
  18. The Princesses of Iowa by M. Molly Backes
  19. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
  20. Being Friends with Boys by Terra Elan McVoy
  21. Unbreak my Heart by Melissa Walker
  22. Keep Holding On by Susanne Colasanti
  23. See You at Harry's by Jo Knowles
  24. A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
  25. The Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt
  26. 52 Reasons to Hate my Father by Jessica Brody
  27. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
  28. Wicked Jealous by Robin Palmer
  29. Someday Dancer by Sarah Rubin
  30. The Girl I Used to Be by Miranda Kenneally
  31. The Unquiet by Jeannine Garsee
  32. Counting Backwards by Laura Lascarso
  33. Smashed by Lisa Luedeke 
So. That's a lot. I'm actually curious. Which ones have you read? Any that you would or wouldn't recommend off of the list? Let me know, I'm always up for advice! (:

4 comments:

  1. GOOD Job on the ones you did get MEGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved My Life Next Door too! It was heavier than I expected, but Jase + Sam = <3333 You have to read Numbers 1, 3, & 27.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a ton heavier than I expected too, but I TOTALLY loved it! I can't wait for Huntley's next book! <3 Ooh! I really wanna read Such a Rush, and I've been hearing FANTASTIC things about TFiOS! In Honor looks amazing too. :D

      Delete