December 23, 2012

Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

Time Between Us
Title: Time Between Us
Author: Tamara Ireland Stone
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Publication Date: October 9, 2012
Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time.

Fresh, exciting, and deeply romantic, Time Between Us is a stunning, spellbinding debut from an extraordinary new voice in YA fiction.

I think that there's something to be said about time travel books: they can be a bit confusing, what with all the jumping around in time. I clearly consider myself an expert after reading a couple of them, but the others that I've read actually haven't been all that great. I would name names, but I'm not like that. So, you should know that this one isn't all that confusing. Whenever Bennett and Anna would jump, I could keep up. Until the last few pages.

The last few pages presented a problem for me...they were a bit too abrupt. I was absolutely shocked at what happened--I was seriously about to accept a very sad thought as the ending, do my crying, and then let people know that the ending was pretty much genius in it's sadness. But honestly, it had a happier ending than I expected, but that was the moment that this book entered the realm of slightly cliched.

Before the ending, it was so brilliant. The ending would've been amazing, and honestly, I don't know why I'm pushing this. I liked the ending an all, but the author had the chance to make this book absolutely terrific, and she didn't take it. I don't blame her, but I would have liked it better sad.

Okay, I have GOT to move on. Quite honestly, I don't know why I can't, because I love contemporary, and it had an ending that would make a contemp proud, but...sigh. The characters were absolutely amazing, though! I loved them. Anna and Bennett had very good chemistry, and their scenes together just flowed, so I can totally dig that.

All in all, I was way too attached to these characters, so it totally skewed my view on this book. The characters were so awesome, but the ending was cliched. These two things war with each other.
Has anything changed? He blew into our lives and back out again, and on the surface, maybe it looks like he didn't leave any marks, but I know he did: they're all over me. And as painful as it is to be in this town without him, if I could do the last three months again, I'd make the same choice--to know Bennett Cooper. Even though it kills me when the song ends with the words I'll end up alone like I began. ~ Pg. 358

10 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading this one now. Sounds super sweet! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it actually was pretty sweet, LOL. Thank you! (:

      Delete
  2. I WANT TO READ THIS SO BAD! LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great review Megsies. :d Haha. I'm sorry the ending didn't work for you. :D
    Can't wait to read it!
    XX, Inks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SO LUCKY! I WON IT! :D Haha, thanks, Inks. Yes. The ending really, really upset me. But I hope that I haven't revealed anything that's very serious. o_O Read it soon, so that we can compare thoughts, Inks! :D

      Delete
  3. I want to read this one! It sounds so good. Too bad the ending didn't work for you. Great review!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good, character development wise, but...THE ENDING. Aww, thanks! (:

      Delete
  4. This book was so good! And there's going to be another book in the series... so maybe it'll make up for the ending! I'm glad that you liked it. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good! The ending...just KILLED ME. Maybe it will-- I had no idea that this was a series! How did you find that out? Hmm, I am too. (:

      Delete
    2. Tamara Ireland Stone confirmed it on Twitter! And then on this blog for 2012 debuts!
      http://apocalypsies.blogspot.com/2012/12/whats-next-apocalypsies-in-2013-and.html?m=1#comment-form

      Delete
    3. Ooh! Thanks for the linkage! I had no idea that she was making a sequel-- that's so awesome! :D :D

      Delete