December 26, 2012

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1) by Katie McGarry

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
Title: Pushing the Limits
Author: Katie McGarry
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: July 31, 2012

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.
Win. Can it seriously get any better than reading a super smexi, awesomesauce romance on the day after Christmas, AND ON A SNOW DAY? I don't think it can, LOL. This has nothing to do with my review...moving on, so that I can run back and read the sneak peek of Dare You to. 

First off, I gotta say that I wasn't very sure about this when I started--it's been getting so many good reviews that it had me nervous, because (usually) nothing with hype is actually good for me. I roll differently, I guess. But this book totally exceeded my expectations. My only problem? THAT IT ENDED. I mean, seriously. I could've read FOREVER.

I mean, NOAH. SA-WOON. I can't exactly emphasize that enough, because, hello? He's too sweet-slash-badass. (I'm sorry! I think that he totally deserves those terms to describe him, so whatever. Deal. Sorry.) But he's just got so many problems, and so does Echo, and they're totally perfect for each other...SWOON. I completely love their chemistry together, and I definitely could've read a few hundred pages more...

I also liked the little side thing going on with Beth and Isaiah...I wonder how that will all work out. I just kind of liked everything about this, but the ending...I don't know. It just kind left me a bit confused, and totally dying to get my hands on the next one.

This book is told through two different points of view--which I usually find annoying, because it seems like a lot of authors have trouble switching between points of view, then the characters all sound the same. But I'm happy to tell you that Katie doesn't have that problem (yes, we're on first name terms. So shoot me for fangirling). Unfortunately, though, I can't pick a favorite character. All the characters are my favorites--how's that?

All in all, I just loved it. Simple as that.
   
Beth had been both wrong and right. Echo couldn't hurt anyone, especially when she seemed so breakable herself. But the need I felt to be the one to keep the world from shattering her only confirmed Beth's theory. I was falling for her and I was fucked. ~ Pg. 102

17 comments:

  1. Awesome! You got this one too!
    I just about freaked out when I opened the box and found this one in there. I heard soooo much about it and everyone kept saying that Noah is amazing. I got started right away! And I read the sneak peak to Dare You!! I'm dying to get that one next!!
    Awesome review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can literally tell you that I just about fell off my stool when I opened this...it was a beautiful moment, because at first I was like, "What is THIS?" NOAH IS SO AMAZING.. *fans self* Me too! As soon as I got the email, I was like. MUST READS. I am just so much...DYING FOR THAT ONE.

      Aww, thanks girly! :D

      Delete
  2. I finally started this yesterday. I haven't felt like reading in ages, and for some reason this got stuck in my head, so I opened it, and so far? Wow. It really is...amazing. Like you I was nervous but it's definitely proving to be a totally fantastic read. I love Noah and I love Echo and their lives are so messed up but they're so perfect for each other...and your review basically says it all. I am a little nervours about the ending now, though, lol. Fab review, Megan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! *fistpump* I totally know what you mean--there's so many other things that I could (and should!) be doing, but the other day I just felt like reading. So I read this, then I started Prophecy las night...it might be a trader. :(

      It is pretty amazing-- I think that Noah and Echo are so good together, but they are also really messed up, AND WOW. Aww, thanks! Endings are a nervous time, don't you think? ;) Thanks, girly! (:

      Delete
  3. Aww, thanks! I CANNOT WAIT-- Seriously. It's going to be awesome, and the chapter sampler in the back...sigh. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been telling myself to get this book but there hasn't been time!! /tears hair/ Anyway, great review and I can't wait to read of Noah and Echo, there seems to be so much stuff going on :D

    -Alicia
    Book a World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agh! I totally know what you mean-- it gets harder and harder to keep up as you go along. Aww, thanks. Noah and Echo are totally awesome-- and there is a lot of stuff going on. :D

      Delete
  5. I just bought this one. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just received this book in the mail last weekend! I can't wait to finally read it, and see what everyone can't stop talking about ! (:

    Lisa

    My Current Giveaway: http://turningpages94.blogspot.com/2012/12/happy-holiday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it sometime last week-- I was so excited! It was awesome, and I hope that you totally get what we all think. In other words, I hope you love it! Happy reading! (:

      Delete
  7. SA-WOON! Ha. That's like my favorite phrase when it comes to describing book guys... but yeah! This book was incredible and I'm glad you enjoyed it. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's a good phrase! LOL. IT WAS FANTASTIC! I'm glad that you liked it too! *mutual love of books* (:

      Delete
  8. I just received this book in the mail yesterday and I didn't put it down till I was finished! I loved it!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fabulous! I didn't put it down until I was on the last page, then I just about cried, LOL! Thank you! (:

      Delete
  9. I found this book full of cliches but Noah was a powerful character and the scene of him and the counselor in the office almost made me cry :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teeheehee. I guess it could be called that, but for what it's worth I liked it! (:

      Delete