December 6, 2012

Traitor (C I N #2) by Christina Leigh Pritchard

Traitor (C I N, #2)
Lisa thinks she knows everything about her new life. She can deal with the boundaries and even being torn away from her family. But Alex withheld more than she ever expected. Like, what happens when you lose control? How about when you begin to realize just how trapped you are? He leaves out a lot of stuff about himself too. He doesn’t mention the dangers of some of the others—or of what she herself can do…

If you read my review of the first book in this series, C I N, you would know that while I enjoyed it, it wasn't amazing, or otherwise life changing. I just liked it.

But I don't really feel that way about this one--I liked it, but it was only okay. For instance, I don't particularly enjoy the ninety different points of view that are in this book--I constantly had to think back and wonder about how I got from here to there, and I just really didn't care for it. I'm not a fan of the stilted writing either.

I also don't particularly like the quasi-love triangle that's going on--if you remember, I thought that the romance was a little meh, and that it could've been so much better, if there had been more character development and overall follow-through in this book.

I'm not a big fan of Lisa and Alex either--I'm just not feeling it. I wish that I could, but I don't. I don't understand Lisa's apparent love of anything that can boast to having "man" parts, or her girly/not girly personality. I don't think that the characters were any more than two-dimensional at best.

I honestly don't want to bore you with my monologues about what I didn't like, so I'll stop here.

This post is a part of:
Hosted by:
Embark on an Arc Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment