September 28, 2014

Introducing... Leafmarks

Today, I would like to share with you a little site that pretty much took over my life. For the last week or so, I've been obsessively working on Leafmarks. It's like I took on a second job, only this one I'm doing for free and I don't mind one bit - because I love it.

Who is this mystery employer?
Well, meet...
Leafmarks in a new site following the steps of Goodreads - it's a catalog of books in which you can mark To-Read, Read and Currently Reading, shelf books, earn leaves by completing challenges, making friends, writing reviews, etc...
It's a place where you can meet book lovers and talk books - and it's for book lovers, by book lovers.

And I love it so much I became a Librarian, helping clean and fix the database to give you the best info and details.

And why do I love it so much?

Well, Leafmarks is beginning its way by addressing some of the most asked for, insistent (and ignored) features on Goodreads - half stars and re-reads. That's right, you can rate a book with a half star on Leafmarks, and add re-read dates which count toward your challenges. No more do you have to search for another edition and pretend you're reading that one so your count won't be messed up.

Aside for that, Leafmarks review form makes it so easy to copy your reviews from your personal blogs. All you have to do is copy and paste! Links, basic formatting (like bold, italics, etc) and gifs are all automatically included. And it cleans the additional formatting (like font, color, etc) so it looks clean and not messed up at the end. With Goodreads, I usually forget (or can't be bothered) to copy my reviews because it is so tedious. Here, I find it just so... fun!

And finally, I am digging the Statistic feature so badly! On Leafmarks, you can see detailed statistic between you and your friends (or future friends). You can see how many books you have in common, and then exactly the difference in opinion by the rating - it's detailed, it's fun to explore and it's easy.

And, really, I love knowing this is just the start. There are already so many future features planned, and I'm going to be there every step of the way and watch if evolve. With GR, I don't have that.

So, yes. I love Leafmarks, and I can't wait to watch it expend, and grow, and become the extraordinary thing I know it will be!

So, if this sounds at all like something you might enjoy, check us out! And if you chose to join our members, I'd love to become friends with you! You can find me here.

   Nitzan

No comments:

Post a Comment