December 10, 2012

Novel Thoughts #3

WHAT TIME IS IT? Wait. I accidentally announced it before I got to tell you. Darn. So, it's NOVEL THOUGHTS TIME! ;P
This week's topic is:
Random Book Peeves
Seriously. We all have them. You remember that time that you were reading this EPICMAZINGAWESOME book, and then something happened and it just killed your buzz? No? Who are you? Show yourself! But you have. I know I have. So, I'll put my pet peeves, then we'll hop over and see Inky and Chey's. (:

WHINY MAIN CHARACTERS.
There is absolutely nothing worse than a whiny main character. Seriously, how has Bella ever gotten so far? WHINING IS NOT AN OPTION. I will not like you if you whine throughout the entire book, then go get yourself in more and more trouble, then whine some more about it. I'm just not going to be able to handle it.

CHOPPY DIALOGUE.
You know how you were reading the last sentence, and it was complete poetry, but then you went on and found a sentence made entirely out of nouns or verbs, and it made absolutely no sense, or it just sounded un-flowing? I don't think that much explanation is needed here.

LOVE SQUARES.
GRRR. Not gonna happen, people. Not going to happen, and I don't think I need to explain myself here. Just GRRRR.

800 BAZILLION PAGES OF NOTHING.
Why is nothing happening? I must know! I'm so bored right now--I can't even. How can I even function correctly? I've forgotten the main character's name, for God's sake!

MOON-FACED CHARACTERS.
"Oh, he's so perfect, I'd give anything for him. But I've never met him, but I hope that I one day marry him and have his babies!" Do I even need to go into detail here? FINE. No. I don't understand why you're mooning after him, since you've never met him, but he must be fabulous! I mean, I think people I don't know are hot and all, but I don't SERIOUSLY crush on them like that....*cough* UNBELIEVABLE CHARACTER SYNDROME *cough*

FLAT CHARACTERS.
Similar to moon-faced, but just...unidentifiable as people. 'Nuff Said.

PRETTY CHARACTERS.
Now this is a weird one--I like pretty characters okay, but I'd totally love to read about a hideously deformed girl or boy that finds love or whatever--we have too many characters with low self-esteem. o_O


Wanna chance to be an epic guest poster? Submit a topic! (:

10 comments:

  1. Nice Megs! We have some in common! Check out my post! But I TOTALLY have to agree. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I agree with all of your points.
    I can't stand whiny characters, main or not.
    And I also hate love triangles/squares with a passion.
    And those too perfect characters are just *yawn* flat out boring. Like Jarra in Earth Girl...

    And btw, I'm seriously in love with your header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Amen. I mean, who LIKES whiny characters? I could have a field day discussing whiny people. o_O

      I think that everyone has that--if it's well done, I'll be okay with it. But if it sucks, I will hate it. A LOT.

      Aww, I haven't read Earth Girl yet... ):

      Thanks, Cayce! (:

      Delete
  3. I completely agree. I also hate those self-deprecating characters: "I'm so ugly. Boohoo". :p Some female leads put our while gender to shame. SHAME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I'm so fat, no one will ever love me, but guys DRAMATICALLY SWOON AT MY FEET." :P

      I know! I AM SHAMED RIGHT NOW. ;P

      Delete
  4. Agree on all points! :D *applauds in approval* Oh, and I don't think I've told you how much I love your new signature. It's beautiful! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chey! I loves my signature too. I've been doing a complete overhaul on everything lately. (:

      Delete